Chapter 2

Forestclan camp^^^

Legacypaw woke up the next morning. The sun was slowly rising as he yawned and looked down at his sleeping sister with a soft smile. He gently nudged her. "Winepaw, wake up!" He mewed excitedly but also quietly so he wouldn't wake up the older apprentices. Winepaw whined and opened her eyes to glare at him. "It's to early you mouse-brain!" She hissed. Legacypaw scuffed, "welcome to the world of apprenticeship."

Winepaw grumbled as she sat up and licked her fur down that was sticking up making Legacypaw giggle. Winepaw huffed and strutted out of the den to see her mentor, Hazeltail, sitting there next to Oakleaf, looking at her with amusement dancing in her eyes. Legacypaw followed quickly, walking over the Oakleaf.

Oakleaf spoke, "Today we will take you on a tour of the territory." Legacypaw jumped with excitement making Oakleaf chuckle. "Okay! Let us start this journey!" He mewed excitedly and padded quickly out of camp.

Legacypaw and Winepaw both gasped as they left camp, large trees went as far as you can see. "This way!" Hazeltail called as she went to the left and started trotting away into the trees. Legacypaw and his sister hurry after the two warriors. It slowly got brighter as the sun rose, the dew on the grass making their paws wet as they walked.

When they reached the Shadowclan border, Oakleaf started speaking. "Legacypaw, what do you smell?" He asked. Legacypaw stepped forward and took a deep sniff, scrunching up his nose in disgust, "that's so gross!" Oakleaf smirked, "what you are smelling is the good old scent of Shadowclan. You are not to go into their lands without their permission. Do you hear?" He asked, making then both nod. "Good, now. . .Oh right, let me teach you how to mark the border. You simply walk over and pee on a bush." He explained while demonstrating it.

Hazeltail nodded and mewed gently, "Winepaw, you try it." Winepaw was hesitant but walked over and peed on the next bush. Legacypaw helped and together they marked the Shadowclan border. They moved on, Oakleaf showing them the best hunting places and the river that runs into the lake they will soon come to. The trees broke and the sun was bright, making Legacypaw hiss and squint.

Oakleaf chuckled as mewed, "this is the main lake. Do you both see the island in the distance?" He asked while pointing with his tail. Legacypaw and Winepaw nod. Hazeltail meowed, "that is where all four clans gather in peace under a full moon." Legacypaw looked over at the island in awe. "Will I be able to go?" Legacypaw asked in a high pitched voice. Oakleaf mewed gently, "that is all up to Flamestar. Her and Gingerpelt decide that." Winepaw and Legacypaw nodded before they continued.

They soon reach the Sunclan border and Oakleaf and Hazeltail tackling the marking before explaining things to them about Sunclan. Like how their land is mostly sunny with now trees, except for a few at the their Forestclan border. Also that most Sunclan warriors as tall and lean.

Legacypaw's head snaps over when he hears multiple sets of paws reach his ears. As he does so, a Sunclan patrol pushed through the bushes. Oakleaf dipped his head at the large cat in the lead. "Don't mind us. We are just showing the apprentices the territory." He states making the warriors soften and nod as they mark their side of the border.

"Who was that?" Winepaw asked. "Hawkeye, the Sunclan deputy." Hazeltail states while flicking her tail with an annoyed look. Oakleaf had amusement in his eyes, "you know that was years ago!" He chuckled. Legacypaw was confused, "what was?" Hazeltail glared, "you are too young to know about that." She grumbled. Legacypaw pouted, "but I want to know!" He mewed impatiently. Oakleaf sighed and looked at his apprentice. "drop it and lets keep going." He mewed.

As they walked back Legacypaw saw a mouse and licked his lips and crouched. As he stalked forward, his paw steps were loud, causing the mouse to make a run for it. Legacypaw watched as Oakleaf leaped over him and pounced on the mouse, braking its spine and killing it swiftly, making Legacypaw pout. "You need to make your paw steps silent, its the same if we a going into a sneak attack on another clan. They can't be able to hear you or they will run and you won't be able to get them." Oakleaf explained softly as he kicked dirt over the mouse.

Oakleaf and Hazeltail took them deeper into the territory and suddenly stopped. "Now, Winepaw, Legacypaw, what do you smell?" Hazetail asked. Winepaw took a deep whiff and licked her lips as the scent of a vole came over her. "I smell a vole!" She mewed excitedly. "Good now, crouch like this." Hazeltail  mewed as he crouched his hind slightly in the air and his tail just off the ground. 

Legacypaw frowned when he just now caught the scent. Why am I just now getting this? He asked himself but just shrugged and watched his sister get a hunting lesson. Winepaw crouched but her tail was sticking straight up and curled at the end, while her hind was too high. Hazeltail walked over and used her paw to push Winepaws' hind down and her tail to push Winepaws' tail down. "Good, now try to catch that vole. Remember to keep you paw steps light."

Winepaw stalked forward quietly and gently pushed through the bushes, seeing the vole. She licked her lips as she crouched further and shook her hind and pounced. The vole got free and Winepaw chased it. It didn't take long and she grabbed it between her jaws and snapped its neck, killing it instantly. She brought it back to the group her chest puffed out proudly. Legacypaw watched in envy as his sister walked in with that vole and it showed in his eyes.

legacypaw huffed, "lets get back to camp my paws hurt. . ." He turned back in the direction where he could smell a whole bunch of Forestclan cats. Oakleaf nodded, "you have seen most of the territory, we can go back now. 

The two warriors led the way back to camp. Legacypaw glared as Winepaw strutted over to the fresh-kill pile and got congratulated on her first catch. Legacypaw looked up as saw that it was just past sun-high, and they started at dawn. Sighing, he walked to the nursery. As he pushed through the vines, the smell of kits and milk wafted over him, relaxing him. He walked over to his mother who was heavily pregnant with more kits.

Wolffeather looked at him with sleepy eyes and licked his cheek. "hey baby boy, how was your first day as an apprentice?" She asked. Leagcypaw laid down and stretched. "It was fun! We went on a tour of the territory and my paws hurt!" He pouted making Wolffeather smile. "I remember that day. My mentor died trying to save me from dogs my first day out of camp. So my father took over as my mentor." There was a pained look in her eyes as she talked about it so Legacypaw didn't ask any further questions.

As the day went on, it was almost sun down and Legacypaw was absolutely exhausted. He cleaned out the elders nests and cleaned them of ticks and fleas. The older apprentices were out on patrols all day so they left Legacy paw and his sister to do all the work. Legacypaw was about to drop when he saw Oakleaf walk over and smile at him. "Go get some sleep, we have a day fight training tomorrow. You will need the rest, because I don't go easy." Legacypaw nodded and sighed. Great. He thought to himself but dipped his head and went to the apprentice den. Curling up in his nest, he quickly fell asleep. 

[sorry for the late update, I was busy most of the day and couldn't update. But I'm not going to leave you hanging for a week. If you didn't read the A/N at the beginning then go do it. I'm doing a huge edit and so there you go, more on Legacypaw's apprenticeship! Love y'all! Vote, Comment and I hope you like it! 1,392 words]