Epilogue

Jeanie flashed a final smile she knew very well didn't reach her eyes, before waving at Bernard and practically slamming the door in his face.

Turning to face Amanda who stood in the center of the hotel room with her brow raised, Jeanie slumped against the door and released a breath she had been holding for the thirty minutes she stood trying to convince Bernard that she wasn't just excited about the fashion show, she was anxious for it. None of which, was the case. The last thing Jeanie looked forward to since she practically had to drag herself from New York to Paris, was coming to Paris!

It had been an entire year since her shameful display in the fashion show, ruining someone else's collection. Fortunately for Jeanie, she didn't get kicked out of the show that evening, or even deported. If anything, the audience -however strange group of people- thought it was cute how Jeanie had been willing to humiliate herself like that and had even bursted forth with an applause. For a while, Jeanie believed them.

Until the media.

Leave it to the media to make Da Vinci look like the world's worst artist! Jeanie's display had been described as 'shameful', 'tacky', 'cheap', 'a low attempt at gaining the world's attention', 'a master scheme by Jeanie and Bernard to gain some relevance' and the list continues. Considering the fact that this happened a year ago, one would think the media would be over it. Unfortunately for Jeanie, the media doesn't get over things! No, they binge on it, tearing apart every part of it's flesh until there is nothing left. Yes, she was convinced that the media also feast on human bones.

But Bernard wouldn't believe her. It was only slightly imaginable the horror Jeanie felt when Bernard announced the 'good news' that he had been invited back to Paris. In that horrifying second, Jeanie passed out with her eyes wide open.

Her plan had been to make up an excuse why she couldn't be back to Paris after only a year of being humiliated out of it, but Bernard always managed to find a way to counter her excuses. She had even hoped to lean on Stacey but Stacey had managed to Metamorphose within a year from a stone cold woman to a cheesy woman who found everything about Jeanie's relationship with Bernard to be cute.

“I think I saw a reporter with a pitch fork.” Jeanie said and Amanda rolled her eyes.

“I'll bet you did.”

“I swear it, Amanda. I cannot,” She began pacing the length of the room. “I can't face them! And in the city I was shamed by them!”

“You're overreacting. You focus so much on the negative articles, you don't even realize that more than half the population think your gesture was brave and cute.” Amanda smiled and pulled Jeanie to a halt. “I promised Bernard I'd get you to the show on time and I intend to keep to that promise.”

“Bernard's not coming?”

“He'll need to get there first. It's his collection.”

Jeanie wanted to argue. Much more than that, she wanted to fall flat on her back and close her eyes; sleep the day away. But no matter how many times she closed her eyes and held her breath, hoping to open them again to find herself back in New York, she always managed to find herself seated in the same spot in her hotel room in Paris.

Jeanie allowed herself to be led by the hand by Amanda who had an entire team of men and women, ready to help Jeanie get ready for the show. It was part of the pros of dating Bernard; her own personal glam team for every occasion. Also considering the fact that Bernard's fame had spread considerably, Jeanie was starting to believe herself a gorgeous super model.

Hours of getting dressed paid off as she stood before a large mirror. She was dressed in a blue, silk and lace gown with sparkling stones hand woven into the material. The long sleeves of the dress was attached to the waist, making it impossible to lift her hands. The length of the dress fell to her feet before forming a long train behind her. Her mass of blonde locks was pulled to the back of her head where it formed a big, braided bun.