Chapter Five Miyako and Kaoru says yes

Chapter Five, Miyako and Kaoru says yes

~Miyako's P.O.V~

i sat in class staring at the clock. only 5 minutes till school let out. i looked to my right and momoko sat at her desk with her head resting on her hand propped up by her elbow. to the right of momoko was brick who had his head laying on his desk. i looked over at kaoru and butch. they were both staring out the window. i looked to my left and saw boomer tapping his pencil on his chin. i smiled at him but he didn't notice. after five long minutes the bell finally rang. i stood up and grabbed my bag. every one was practically running out. i looked at kaoru and butch they had already grabbed there bags and was walking to the front of the class. momoko was holding bricks hand and leading him to kaoru and butch. boomer was stuffing some papers in his bag. "come on blue!", butch said. "i am", boomer said as he slung his bag onto his shoulder. boomer and i walked to our group of friends. kaoru and butch walked out of the room. boomer and i followed them. momoko and brick walked hand in hand trailing behind us laughing and talking. i smiled as i peeked back at them. they really were happy together. i have not seen momoko this happy since she first became a power puff. "so uh can i walk you home?", boomer asked. "oh sure", i said as i smiled. no one really said any thing until we were out side in front of the school. momoko had to go straight home after school today so she couldn't drop any of us off at our houses like she usually does. brick was caught sleeping in history so he ended up getting a detention so he had to stay after school. kaoru and butch set both their skate boards on the ground. brick pulled momoko into a hug and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "see you tomorrow okay?", brick said softly. "ill be looking forward to it", momoko said as she smiled. "bye momoko", brick said as he smiled and let her go. "bye brick", momoko called as brick jogged up the steps back to the school. momoko sighed as she watched him go. "so uh i guess i better go", momoko said. "bye momoko", boomer and i said as he waved. kaoru and butch waved as she walked passed them to go to her car. "ah boomer is going to walk me home today", i said. "what your going to leave me with him?", kaoru joked as she pointed to butch. "hey", butch said as he playfully pushed her. i rolled my eyes and smiled at them. after we said our good byes kaoru and butch skated off. "lead the way", boomer said as he smiled. we both started walking in the direction of my house. "so uh momoko and brick?", boomer said trying to start a conversation. "what about them?", i asked. "what do you think of them you know as a couple?", boomer asked. "well there definitely in love", i said as i chuckled. "yeah they really want to spend every minute together", boomer said. "I'm glad momoko has finally found some one who knows who she really is", i said. "blossom?", boomer whispered. i nodded my head. "she has dated before but she has never had a real boyfriend like brick because she was always called off to fight and save the city so eventually she just gave up", i said. "oh", boomer said. "yeah i guess that's the reason we all have not dated any one over the years", i said, "well except kaoru she never really had an interest in dating any one". "yeah she seems eh i don't like she wouldn't want to date any one", boomer said. "yeah she has never really opened up to any guys except for Mitch", i said, "I'm surprised she was that open with butch". "wait who is mitch?", boomer asked. "they have known each other since pre school", i said. "are they still friends?", boomer asked. "not really last year mitch tried to kiss her but she punched him in the face and told him to stay away", i said. "so he has feelings for her?", boomer asked. "yeah some times i see him staring at her in the hallways or the lunch room", i said. "if butch knew he would be so mad", boomer said. "why?", i asked, "its not like there dating". "yeah but he likes her", boomer said, "i can tell he wants to ask her out but you know kaoru". "yeah kaoru isn't the best at er well feelings", i said. boomer laughed. "one day they will be a couple its like they were made for each other", boomer said. "yeah there like the same person except one is a guy and the other is a girl", i said. "so uh who is sakamoto?", boomer asked. "momoko's sort of not really ex", i said. "sort of?", boomer asked. "yeah they dated for like a day but broke up", i said, "he was jerk that was like in love with pranking people". "so he still likes her?", boomer asked. "yeah but she finds him so annoying", i said. "yeah i notice he try's to talk to her allot or he stares at her", boomer said. "yeah he is an odd ball alright", i said as i laughed as we turned onto my street. "yeah", boomer said as he laughed. "momoko is just in love with the idea of love", i said, "she has always wanted some one to be in love with or she was always dreaming of her future wedding". "so do you think momoko is in love with brick?", boomer asked. "well i don't know but as long as there happy that's what matters", i said. "yeah out of the three of us brick has always been the romantic one", boomer said. "what do you mean?", i asked. "he has always loved the idea of love and he could plan the perfect date", boomer said, "brick and i used to talk about what our perfect date would be like". "i never expected that from brick", i said. "yeah behind his tough exterior he is soft", boomer said. "so uh this is my house right up here", i said. "wow its huge!", boomer said. "yeah its just my grandma and i that live there", i said as we stopped in front of the gate to my house. "wow", boomer said. i laughed. "so uh iv been trying to get the courage to ask you this", boomer said as he looked at his feet. "what is it boomer?", i asked. "well since that kiss i think i feel some thing for you", boomer said quickly. "i think i do to", i said softly. "so uh would you like to be my girlfriend?", boomer asked as he looked into my eyes. i looked into his dark ocean blue eyes. i smiled at him and put my hand on the side of his face. "i would love to!", i said. boomer smiled and hugged me. i hugged him back. after he pulled away i stood on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "so i will see you tomorrow?", i asked. "yes", boomer said as he smiled. "good bye boomer", i said softly. "good bye miyako", boomer said softly.

~Kaoru's P.O.V~

we all stood in front of the school. momoko and brick was hugging and saying there good byes. i rolled my eyes at them. after brick and momoko left it was just miyako, boomer, butch and i. "ah boomer is going to walk me home today", miyako said. "what your going to leave me with him?", i joked as i pointed to butch. "hey", butch said as he playfully pushed me. we said our good byes with miyako and boomer and skated off. "so how long do you think it will be before miyako and boomer hook up?", butch asked. "hmm I'm not sure", i said. "i think it will be soon its all he has been talking about", butch laughed, "he has been asking brick for tips". i laughed. "maybe that's why he wanted to walk her home", butch said. "maybe", i said. butch and i skated side by side. butch smiled. "oh were dropping like fly's", i joked. butch laughed. butch skated faster and stopped in front of me. "hey!", i said as i ran into him. butch grabbed me before i could fall. i looked up at butch angrily. "kaoru can i tell you some thing?", butch asked. "fine", i said. "that kiss really did mean some thing to me", butch said. i instantly blushed. "i don't want to talk about it!", i said. "kaoru", butch reasoned. "no", i said as i tried to push him away. "kaoru i want you to be my girlfriend!", butch said softly. i looked up at him trying to think of what to say. "get your hands off her!", a voice yelled. butch let me go as we looked to see who is was. i turned to see mitch. mitch was a old friend of mine we sorta had an awkward past. mitch had short black hair with bluish black eyes. mitch wore a black shirt with a white skull and black pants. "oh no", i muttered. mitch ran up to us and pushed butch. "what do you think your doing don't ever touch her again!", mitch yelled. butch balled up his fists. "mitch stop!", i yelled as i got between them. "get out of the way kaoru i seen him grab him against your will!", mitch yelled. as he tried to push me out of the way."don't push her!", butch yelled. with all my force i pushed mitch back. mitch stumbled backwards. butch stepped up to my side. "mitch you idiot he is my boyfriend i don't care that he does that!", i yelled. "what!?", mitch yelled. "that's just how we are with each other!", i said. mitch looked hurt. "i think you should leave", i said. "fine", mitch said as he shook his head in anger. mitch turned and walked away. i looked up at butch. his forest green eyes were wide but he had a smirk on his face. "boyfriend?", butch asked. "shut up", i said as i grabbed my board and blushed. "well so was that the answer to my question?", butch asked. i looked down at my feet. "yeah", i said. "kaoru", butch said. i looked up at him. he pulled me into a hug and kissed me softly. i didn't push him away. i was actually glad he did. he held me close as i wrapped my arms around his neck. our lips danced in sync. i think i know what momoko feels like now. why she longs for brick to kiss her. i understand now.