"Eat my dust, Milo!"

The Pevensie children said goodbye to there mother and rode the long train ride to a countryside where they were picked up by a snobby looking lady named Miss Mcready. They were picked up on horse and carriage the ride was silent other than  Mcready's commands for the horse. But a distant shouting interrupted the natural silence.

"Eat my dust, Milo!" 

Was the first words the could be made out.

Coming out of the forest two kids riding horses. The girl had her black hair flying behind her and rode a brown draft horse she rode bareback and without reins. It could have been a scene from a movie as her hair flew behind her and her head slightly turned to the children and she smiled at them before lowering her body to the horse going faster winning the race. Behind her, a boy with brown hair rode a brown and white Morgan horse.

"Mar!" He shouted trying to catch up.

"Hya! Go Alpha!" The girl shouted willing her horse to go faster.

A gasp could be heard from Miss Mcready, "MARIGOLD YOU BETTER HAVE A SADDLE ON!!!"

The two children's laughter filled the air, "Sorry Miss Macready Alpha despises his saddle!" The girl shouted over her shoulder passing them.

The kids hooked a sharp left losing sight of the cart that pulled the Pevensies. 

Lucy was smiling happily, Edmund had a sour look on his face, Susan looked worried and Peter had a small smile on his face.

The girl slid off her horse who wasn't at a complete stop, "YAHHOO!" She cheered with her hands in the air.

"How did I lose to a draft horse" The boy sighed getting off the horse. 

"Hey!" Alpha. The horse. Protested panting.

"Ahh don't take it personally Alpha. Milo is just jealous that we keep winning" The girl laughed. 

"But you're a draft horse! I should be faster than you!" Angel the boy's horse insisted.  

The children laughed, "Uh oh. We better go Mar. Miss McCready is not going to be happy" 

"She never is!" The girl sighed and they started running back to the house.

They barged through the dining room doors and just in time. Scrambling to find seats the boy sat down next to Lucy and the girl sat next to Peter.

"Three. Two." The two kids murmured together, "One. Que the mean old lady" 

They discreetly pointed to the door and Miss Mcready stepped out as if on que. Lucy giggled and the rest of the Pevensie's (besides Edmund) Smiled. 

The adults weren't present during dinner leaving the children alone.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced, I am Marigold" The girl smiled, "I'm Milo" The boy waved.

"I am Lucy pleasure to meet you," Lucy smiled.

 "Susan," 

"Edmund," He scoffed.

"I am Peter" 

Marigold smiled at the ocean eyed boy. 

"So you ride horses?" Susan started after a bit of silence.

"Its one of our favorite hobbies" Milo smiled, "Do you like to read?" Susan inquired, "No" Marigold answered, "Yes" Milo answered at the same time as her, the Pevensie's laughed, Milo and Susan started talking about books and Marigold ate quietly. "What other things do you like to do Marigold?" Lucy asked eager to make a friend, "Umm" Marigold debated mentally, "I like drawing and please call me Mar" Mar smiled at the girl brushing her black hair out of her face. Feeling staring Marigold turned to the direction and Peter quickly looked back down at his plate. "What do you like to do Lucy?" Mar pried her eyes away from Peter. "Well, I like to draw" Lucy began listing stuff off.

Around bedtime for the children, Mar and Milo knocked on the girl's bedroom door. Susan opened it and smiled at them.

"Sorry, this is the coldest room in the house" Mar chuckled dropping blankets on a chair.

"Thank you" Susan smiled kindly, Mar eyes scanned the room and saw Peter sitting on the edge of the window seal and Edmund just stood looking around. Lucy was in bed with a frown on her face.

"These sheets feel scratchy" She said sadly everyone turned to her. Mar sat on the end of the bed Peter stood behind her, "Wars don't last forever Lucy. You will be home soon" Mar said kindly, "She's right Lucy" Susan smiled, "Yeah if home is still there" 

Mar snapped her head in Edmund's direction clenching her jaw.

"Don't listen to him Lucy" Milo whispered and she giggled. 

"Isn't it time you went to bed?" Susan questioned, "Yes mum!" Edmund responded mockingly. "Ed!" Peter yelled, but his gaze softened turning towards Lucy.

"You saw outside this place is huge. We can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's going to be great. Really" He smiled.

"You could ride one of our horses" Mar smiled and Lucy grew a small smile on her face, "Everyone can" Milo added and the siblings smiled.

"Goodnight" Mar waved and exited the room followed by Milo.

"Night, Milo" Mar yawned. "Goodnight, Mar" The two kids headed into there rooms.