Chapter 9

I woke up but heard Scott and Theo so I fell back to sleep, I'm angry and I don't want to be here! I want to be with anyone but them!
I woke up slightly, I thought I saw Liam and his wolf eyes, but then my eyes closed again and I fell back to sleep.
I was lifted up, I growled at the person, Scott said" Calm down, May, It's only me." I calmed down and woke up," Come on, we've gotta go to the high school."

Once we got to the school, Scott carried me on his hip as we walked through the halls. I looked at Scott as we saw the sign in the school, Scott's phone vibrated. He grabbed it and looked at the message, from Lydia, she said Library. Scott put his phone in his pocket as we started going to the library to meet up with Lydia.
We got to the library, walking in,
Scott said" Hey, Lydia?" He put me down as he checked his phone, then I heard a phone vibrate. I walked to the sound and saw Lydia's phone, Scott was behind me, I looked down and saw  Mountain ash, I whimpered, Scott looked at me then followed where I was looking. We walked out of the shelf and saw Theo, putting down the last of the ash, completing the circle. I hid behind Scott," That's not possible."
Theo said" You're right. A werewolf shouldn't even be able to touch mountain ash."
" You're a Chimera."
" I'm the first Chimera. It's the coyote part you don't notice. It's why Malia trusted me first, even though she probably didn't know it. You found the perfect word though, Scott. Because a chimera isn't just a monster with different parts. It can also mean something impossible to achieve. An unrealizable dream."
" And they realized you?"
" They came close with me. But we can't all be perfect. We can't all be true alphas." Scott ran to him and Theo stepped past the barrier and Scott was slung back." Damn. I felt that. No calls, Scott. No Stiles, no Malia, no Lydia. You're just going to have to wait here alone for what happens next."
" What do you mean? What's next?"
" The supermoon." Then Theo walked away, I whimpered and looked at Scott. What's gonna happen?

Scott was trying to break the barrier, Scott said" Come on. You've done this before, you can do it again." He took out his inhaler and done a puff then ran at the barrier, he was thrown back again. He landed on the ground and I walked to him, sitting next to him, he looked up and saw a door. He stood up and pulled me onto his back, then walked to the door and opened it,
I said" Are we going up there?"
" Yeah, everything'll be okay." He started climbing the ladder, I held onto him tightly, wrapping my legs around his stomach and my hands gripped his jacket.
Scott put me down as we got to the top and he touched the barrier, he grabbed his inhaler again. He went on his knees, and then took a puff, shaking the inhaler, a scent caught my attention and I crawled to him, sniffing the inhaler. Scott looked at me, I mumbled" Wolfsbane?" Scott crushed the inhaler and the purple vapor came out.
" Wolfsbane." I whimpered and turned around, seeing Liam, I backed away from Scott. Scott turned around and saw Liam," Did Theo let you in?"
Liam said" Did you lie to me?"
" I've never lied to you."
" But you won't save her."
" I can't save her. At least, not with a bite. If you'd just think about that for a second, Liam, you would know that I'm right."
" I am thinking! I'm thinking about alternatives!"
" Liam, it's the supermoon. It's feeding your anger. It's making you more aggressive."
" It's making me stronger! You're gonna keep your promise. Even if it kills you!" Then he roared, I looked at Scott, whimpering. I backed away and to the ladder, Liam started fighting Scott,
" Hey, Liam, Stop! You're not going to save her by killing me." Then Liam got angrier, if that's even possible, then Liam and Scott went through the sky light. I gasped and then started going down the ladder fast, but my foot slipped and I fell down. I hit the ground, my head pushing back up as it hit the ground from impact. I whimpered and my head fell back to the ground and I breathed heavily. I could hear Scott and Liam fighting, but I couldn't do anything about it because I can't fight Liam. He's fueled by the supermoon, he's really angry and I can't stop him and I'm scared.
I heard Scott say" Don't do this, Liam! I can't let you kill me." Then he roared, I whimpered and got up, my eyes glowing and my fangs poking my lip. I walked out of the room and saw Scott and Liam fighting again, I backed away into the room and crouched down, staying low. That's the number one thing Derek taught me when he first found me,

Maya, Always stay low when there's danger and your alpha can't protect you from it. Crouch down as low as you can get without being vulnerable.

I heard Scott say" He's using you, Liam. He wants you to be the alpha because he can't take the power from me. Only you can. But once you do, he'll take it from you. That's why he wants you to kill me."
Liam said" That's what you don't get, Scott. I want to kill you. I want to!" Then they started fighting again, all I could hear was Scott and Liam growling and fighting.
I heard a table break and I looked out, seeing Scott on the ground, Liam started slashing at Scott.
Then I heard Mason scream" Liam! Liam! Liam! Liam, what are you doing?"
Liam said" Hayden."
" She's gone. Hayden died a few minutes ago. She's gone." Then Liam ran out, I stayed cowered in the room, scared to come out.
I walked out as I saw Mason help Scott up, Mason said" Scott, what happened?"
Scott said" It's the supermoon. It was just..."
Theo said" Bad timing. I mean, seriously. You couldn't have waited five minutes?" He pushed Mason and Mason hit the table, then fell to the ground, I roared," I should've stayed. I should've made sure."
" Because now you have to kill me yourself."
" They're still mine. Maybe not yet, but they'll come around."
" Not for you." Then Theo impaled Scott on his claws," They're not like you. They never will be."
" Because I'm a chimera? Because I'm not a real werewolf?"
" Because you're barely even human." Then Theo pushed Scott onto the stairs and dug his claws deeper,
I screamed" Scott!" I roared and attacked Theo, I want to rip his head off with my teeth. Theo grabbed the back of my neck and slashed my stomach, I gasped and choked, he threw me to the side and walked out. I hit the shelf and Mason tried getting up, finally he did and then he ran to me. My eyes went back to their normal color, he lifted me into his arms,
Mason said" Hey, hey, you're gonna be okay, Maya, you're gonna be okay." He stood up, carrying me to Scott, Mason tried to stop the blood, but I couldn't hear Scott's heartbeat. I started getting sleepy, so I tried to close my eyes," No! No, no. Maya, look at me, stay awake." He bounced me in his arm, trying to keep me awake.

Melissa ran in, She said" Scott. No, no. Okay, okay. What... one, two, three, four, five..."
Mason said" What are you doing?"
" six, seven, eight..."
" What are you doing?"
" Bringing him back."
" But his... his heart. He... he hasn't had a pulse in over 15 minutes. You can't bring back someone back that's..."
" He's not someone, he's my son. And he's an alpha. And he's too strong to die like this! Come on! Open your eyes and look at me, okay? Come on. Breathe, baby. Breathe."
" Melissa, it's..."
" Shut up! He's too strong to die like this. Come on, you can do this. You're an alpha-" my eyes closed and I couldn't hear anything.
My eyes snapped open as I heard Scott's roar, my eyes glowed, Mason held me against him. Then Scott passed out, I whimpered.

Melissa was cleaning Scott up, Scott said" I lost, mom."
Melissa said" Every leader suffers loss. Sometimes more than you think is bearable."
" But this time, I lost everyone."
" You'll get them back. You have to."
" Why would they come back?"
" Because you're their leader. And even when a leader thinks they have nothing left to give, there's still one thing. Hope. Give them hope."
Melissa walked out, Scott looked down at me since I was curled into his side, gripping his leg.
He said" Maya, I shouldn't have told you to come back, I should've kept you safe wherever you were with Derek. Now, you're hurt, you almost died tonight, you're not healing."
I mumbled" But you kept me alive, you roared and I woke up."
" Yeah, but that was way too close, I almost lost you tonight too."
" You're not gonna lose me, you're my alpha and I'm your pup."