Chapter 5

We were at school, Scott was talking to Theo, while I was waiting for him to be done.
Theo said" So basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?"
Scott said" Anyone acting a little off or a little weird."
" Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?"
" Yeah, good point." We started walking down the stairs,
" You remember Tracy went on a killing spree after reading that?"
" You think it's a bad idea?"
" I think Malia almost getting run down by a car could've been bad. That's why you guys haven't finished it, right?"
" We're going to."
" Scott, I came here hoping to find a pack. I wasn't planning on watching one fall apart."
" The book's all we've got."
" Then I'll read it too."

They were standing around the table, I was originally signed off to Liam but he was going to Sinema to apologize to Hayden, or try to, but that's what Mason said. Lydia said" My mom's book club usually has more wine."
Stiles said" Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations."
Scott said" That's why Malia's here."
Kira said" So none of us go running into traffic?"
" Or worse."
Malia said" Like what happened to Judy. Chapter 14."
Lydia said" Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."
Stiles said" Yeah, if it works."
" It has to."
Scott said" What does that mean?"
" I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..."
Theo said" A memory trying to surface."
" Yeah."
Kira said" Isn't that was Valack wanted when he wrote it?"
" If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Everyone started grabbing a book then sitting down, I grabbed the extra copy and then sat next to Scott on the other side of him from Kira. I started reading, even though Scott didn't want me reading the book but then gave up after realizing no one could watch me and this was the only safe route to go if he wanted to keep me in a eye sight.

Scott said" Anyone feeling anything?"
Kira said" Tired."
Lydia said" Hungry."
Theo said" I think meant the book."
I said" We know, it's called Sarcasm, and if you're gonna be around us any longer, get used to it."
Scott lightly hit my knee, looking at me, giving me a stern look,
Scott said" I think it's past your bedtime, May."
" Seriously? Taking out the best player, aren't I the most likely one to feel something since I'm the most vulnerable, of everyone?" Scott looked at me, surprised then shook his head, I looked at Lydia," What'd I say?"
Lydia said" He knows you're right, so take his silence as a yes to read the book."
Scott pulled my head to him and kissed my head, I smiled, then started reading again.
Kira put her head down, Scott looked at her, Scott said" You're not giving up, are you?"
Kira said" I'm just resting my eyes." She turned out the light, I looked at Scott, he continued to read, so I did too.
We all finished reading, after a while, since we all needed to sleep, I curled up on Scott's stomach and fell asleep once he laid back and wrapped a secure arm around me so I wouldn't fall.

We walked into school, Kira and Stiles by our sides, Scott said" What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?"
Stiles said" Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?"
" Maybe it's a delayed thing. Maybe you have to wait a couple hours to see what happens." Then the electricity buzzed, we looked at Kira,
She said" That wasn't me. I swear."
" We keep an eye on each other today, okay?"
Stiles said" Yes, and keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal chimeras."
Kira said" And keep an eye out for the Dread Doctors."
Scott, Kira and I started walking off, I heard Stiles say" Starting to see the appeal of a third eye."
I said" Why is Stiles weird?"
Scott said" Even the genius we know doesn't know why, and she's Lydia."
Kira smiled at us, Scott and I said" What?"
Kira said" Oh, nothing."

I was with Mason and Brett, Liam was on the field, Brett said" Everyone at Devenford's pretty abnormal to me."
Mason said" Alright. What else is there to look for? There's heightened strength, smell, hearing, speed..."
" Able to see in the dark."
" Glowing eyes."
" Eyes that reflect light."
" Visible scorpion stingers protruding out of limbs?"
" Yeah. Or three foot lizard tails."
Liam started battling Hayden when she scored a goal and he missed it completely, Hayden was practicing soccer, by the way.
Brett said" What's up with those two?"
Mason said" 6th grade. Not the best year for Liam's anger management issues. There was this fight in the hallways. Liam and this other guy. Hayden sort of accidentally walked into it. And this is her yearbook photo."
Mason showed Brett," Damn."
" Yeah."
" What did she do to him?"
Then they both laughed at Liam's picture, my eyes glowed as I saw a guy run onto the field,
He said" Does anyone here have asthma? Anyone got an inhaler?" Brett tried to grab me but I jumped and ran, Liam saw me and then ran inside.
Liam grabbed the inhaler, while keeping me by him by the back of my shirt, holding it tightly.
We got to the class, and
Liam said" I've got the inhaler!"
He ran to Scott and I sat next to Liam, Liam put the inhaler in Scott's hand, Liam said" Scott. Scott, come on," Liam looked at me, my eyes were flashing back and forth between their colors." Scott." I knew Liam's eyes were glowing because of the sound of his voice. Scott finally took the inhaler and came back to us,
Scott said" Thanks." Liam nodded, my eyes finally stopped changing and went normal again.

I ran to Liam and jumped onto his back, he instantly grabbed my leg and back. He said" Hey, Maya."
I said" Hi, Liam."
" Wanna tell me why you nearly knocked me down?"
" There's no reason."
" Okay, where's Scott?"
" I don't know."
" Okay, Am I your babysitter for the rest of the day?"
" Probably."

I ended up abandoning Liam, because he was boring and wanted to go to the club to speak with Hayden.
I walked into the house and to my room, I tripped over something and my head hit the cabinet,
There were voices everywhere, screaming and crying, I looked around, seeing unfamiliar faces but it was like they knew me. I saw fire, I whimpered and ran out, a man grabbed my neck and pulled me back, I screamed, and screamed, then I heard gun shots, the man smirked and tried to get a gun out, I breathed heavily and then pulled on a metal stick till it got loose and then stabbed him.... I was let go and I was dropped to the ground,
I heard someone yell" Run! Run! Run!" I knew I killed someone, and I knew that was a really bad thing to do.

I woke up, gasping for air and crying, I shook my head and got up, looking into the mirror, seeing my electric blue eyes staring back at me.