Chapter 22

5 years later (after last chapter)

I'm currently sitting at home with the kids while my husband is on tour. He decided to go back when the kids got a little older so he started touring again about 6 months ago. I haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks and I miss my husband.

Bentley, Bailey, and Ryder are now 11 and my God so sassy! They just started middle school and think they're the shit! Bailey tried to say she had a boyfriend and long story short as soon as Brantley, Bentley, and Ryder found out it was over.

Anna and Cassie are now 9, they started 4th grade last week and love it! They always beg to stay after school even though they know they can't. They have they're daddy wrapped around they're fingers! Let me tell you something, they get everything they want from him!

Kade is now 7 and my little baby boy. He's a momma's boy for sure! But he's just like Brantley, he's always outside! He acts like a hard ass in front of people but as soon as they leave that front comes down and he cuddles with me. It's so cute.

Tegan now let me tell you is a little spit fire. 5 years old and sassy as all get out. She has all her uncles and her daddy wrapped around her little finger. It's the funniest yet cutest thing ever.

We recently bought a new house because we needed the space. It's freaking huge but trust me we need it! It's 8 bedrooms, 6 upstairs and 2 downstairs. We have it worked out like this:

Bailey has her own room since she's 11 and need her space. Bentley and Ryder share one for now until they get older. Anna and Cassie share one. And lastly Kade and Tegan share one.

The basement is the office and music room, and downstairs is the guest rooms. It's huge with over 100 acres of land. The land that's covered in woods the boys use to hunt.

I finish doing laundry, not including folding it, which took all day so I take it to my room. I set the baskets on the bed and head downstairs to cook dinner.

I'm keeping it simple tonight with tacos, all the kids love them so it isn't hard. I grab the meat and sit it on the counter to thaw and I walk outside to check on the boys.

I open the back door and Bentley, Ryder, Kade, and Bailey are playing in the mud with their friends Dustin, Cody, and Caleb. I walk inside and peak in the living room and see Cassie, Anna, and Tegan are having a tea party.

I leave them be and start on dinner. I'm cooking the meat when all of a sudden I hear my phone ring. It's Brantley.

"Hey babe!" I say.

"I don't know who your saying babe to, but he's mine. Check your texts from last night honey. Buh bye!" A female says, hanging up. I recognize the voice as Jana Kramer.

I open my messages and see this picture:

So that's why he wasn't answering me last night

So that's why he wasn't answering me last night. What the hell? We have been married for 10 years and he decides to cheat on me? Well then. Good thing I secretly kept my house in Georgia. It's small but will do until I decided to get a bigger one.

I finish cooking dinner and fix the kids plates before calling them in to wash up. While their washing up I head upstairs to call Kolby.

He answers second ring. "Hello?"

"Hey Kolby I need your help driving the kids to my old house. Brantley and Jana are together now." I tell him.

"No way, he wouldn't do that!" He says.

"But oh he would. Please he's supposed to be home tomorrow. I need to leave I'll show you the proof when you get here." I tell him.

"On my way I believe you." He says.

I start to pack the girls some clothes and then move to the boys and then head downstairs. The kids are going upstairs to get baths just as Kolby pulls up. He helps me put the kids in before sitting down with me on my bed.

"Kolby, how? How could he do this?! 10 almost 11 years of marriage and 7 kids later. What is wrong with me?" I ask, hysterical.

"It's not your fault, it's his honey. I'll finish the kids baths while you pack." He tells me. I just nod and pack all of my stuff.

30 minutes later he kids are dressed and everything is packed. I grab a pen and piece of paper to write a note.

Me and the kids went to my house in Jefferson. Don't bother coming there it's over. The divorce papers will be in the mail soon enough, Mr Gilbert. You can still see the kids whenever you please, however you will go through Kolby and Ma not me. Have a nice life with Ms. Kramer, maybe she will be the next Mrs. Gilbert and give you more beautiful children.
-Dakota
Ps, your number is blocked.

I attach the picture before walking out. I look at the house one last time as we pull out. About 10 minutes down the street I see Brantley's bus heading to the house, guess he wanted to surprise me.

Brantley's POV

I'm on my way home to surprise my wife. This weekend management surprised me by sending me and Jana to the movies to talk so we can be rational. Said it's not good for our image. Of course I tried to decline but they wouldn't let that happen.

I'm pulling up in the neighborhood and I swear I see Dakota and Kolby's vehicles pulling out but I just shake it off. I pull up in the yard and there are no kids running around which is unusual.

I walk in and all the lights are off, and no one is home. I start to head up stairs when I see something sitting on the kitchen table. I read the note and look at the letter. Son of a bitch!

I try to call her and it goes straight to voicemail. I look at my messages and see a voice memo sent from Dakotas phone number. I click play and it's the phone call Jana made to Dakota. That bitch ruined almost 11 years of marriage.