Chapter 2

Brantley's POV.

I decided since I'm off tour for a few months I wanted to surprise momma and kolby. But mainly I was hoping Dakota would be there. I don't know what I did. She hasn't talked to me in 5 years. I know she's a doctor, her twitter and Instagram are public so I can see that she's doing good. I feel the bus come to a stop, and I get out unhooking my truck.

I drive to momma's and I see Kolby truck but nobody else's so I'm disapointed. I walk in and Momma gets excited.

"Momma don't be loud I wanna surprise kolby." I say, hoping she agrees, and she simply nods so I sit at the island. Me and mom are talking about tour life when she says

"Boots off, monkeys! You know better" she says looking at the back door. From where she's standing she can see it and I cant.

"Yes maam" I hear 2 people mutter.

Then I hear her voice. The voice of the girl I fell in love with years ago, and was stupid and left her. "Ko I'm gon-" but stop when she sees me.

"Oh hi BG. I was just leaving. Goodbye yall, thanks for the fun but it's time I leave before this gets ugly. Ko, keys." She says as he throws her the keys and she catches them. She's covered in grease, it's on her cheek, nose, and for head and she looks adorable.

"Why are you avoiding me? Dakota I don't know what I did! Come on, I stopped by to see you at your mom's but nobody was there. I'm sorry D!" I say, but regret it because she drops to the floor. Kolby glares at me before pulling her into him to try to stop her sobs, and she stops. What did I say?!

"Ko take me home, he doesn't even know. He doesn't fucking know but he did it. I'm done. Goodbye brantley. Oh by the way, my mother died. Maybe if you didn't chose your fiance over your Bestfriend you would have known. It's been 5 years. Thank you momma, but it's best I leave. Ko, you know where I'm at and you know where I work. So you can stop by anytime. Love yall." She says running out the door. I'm stuck standing there. I can't believe this. Why didn't I know?!

"What the hell why didn't yall tell me? Ko come on! June died?! And I didn't know?" I yell.

"BG! She tried calling you when we were at the hospital. She was crying so hard and said she needed you and you said, and I quote "babe deal with her I can't right now. I was getting some ass and it gets ruined." So amber told her off. So you can't be mad that she won't talk to you!" Kolby says. And that's when I think I really fucked up. I must have been high, but that's no excuse.

"And nobody told me afterwards? Why?" I ask, and at this point I'm crying.

"She told us not to tell you and we knew why. She was in love with you Brantley Keith, Hell she still is! She sleeps in your room most nights and she doesn't think we know. She moves from her room to yours and sleep in your shirts that you left! She didn't leave your room all day the day you left. We didn't hear from her for weeks son! She left all of us after you left. Didn't talk to anybody for weeks until Ko found her. Brant you messed that baby up and you deserve what she did." Momma says. And I realize I need her back. I need my Dakota back.