Chapter 14

It's been 5 weeks. I've been in this hospital for 5 weeks. Since nothing is happening they're letting me go home until it's time, I'm just on bed rest. Whatever at least I'm home!!

I'm currently in Brantley's truck on our way home.

"I love you so much, Dakota Royal." He says smiling at me.

"And I love you more, Brantley Keith." I reply.

"Not possible baby!" He says. "Yes it is!" I argue.

We bicker back and forth until we get home. He helps me to our room. As I'm sitting there, I remeber the day my momma was in her car accident.

Flashback

I'm laying in bed sleeping until work calls and tells me it's an emergency about my mom. I rush to the hospital and Ma tells me she didn't make it. I tried telling BG but he didn't answer or care anyways.

"Dakota honey! I'm so sorry! Do you want to see her body and sign the papers?" She asks me. I nod and follow her. I've seen worse, trust me, I am a doctor, but seeing my mom like this just made me fall.

I sign the papers and stare at her lifeless body. I kiss her forehead and whisper "Momma I'll always be your caterpillar. I'm growing my wings now. I'll make you proud. You may never walk me down the Isle, or see your grand baby's, but your joining Grand daddy and Granny now. I love you. So much." And I walk out.

I took temporary leave for a month. I went to the funeral and spoke.

"My momma always said before I went to sleep when I was younger, or whenever I left her house 'baby girl. Yea your daddy left us but you'll always be my caterpillar. Soon your wings will grow and you'll become a beautiful butterfly. Spread them. Cherish them. Cherish everyone you love. Don't go to bed angry. Tell the people you love that you do every moment you get. It'll always make a difference.' And it does. I miss my momma so much. But God wanted her in heaven." And I walk off the stage.

Ko walks up to me. "Johnny is here. Do you want me to make him leave?" He asks me. I freeze. My. Dad. Is. Here. The one that left me?! The one that didn't care about me?!

"No its fine I'm leaving anyways." I say. He nods and let's me walk off.

"Dakota! Hey princess!" I hear somebody say. A voice I haven't heard in 3 almost 4 years.

"Johnny I don't know why you showed up but I'm leaving. I need to go." I reply walking to my truck

"Dakota! Stop! I'm sorry! Please. Forgive me. I was overwhelmed." He replies.

"Overwhelmed my ass johnny. Goodbye. Have fun with your new family. I see on Twitter you have another kid and wife!" I yell, pulling out.

Flashback over.

Yes I'm the daughter of Johnny Cash and June. Was anyways. I miss my momma. I wish daddy wouldn't have walked out on us but whatever.

My phone rings and it's an unknown number.

D- Hello?
U- Dakota. Nice to hear your voice. How have you been.
D- Cut the crap Johnny. I asked you not to talk to me
J- But your my daughter!
D- was Johnny. Was.

BG walks in and sees me upset. I explain what happened and he holds me while I sob. We eventually drift off to sleep.

I wake up with a horrible pain in my lower back. I go to sit up, and about halfway up i feel water between my legs.

"Brantley. Wake your ass up and get me to the hospital!" I yell. He gets up and stares at me.

"It's time?" He asks smiling.

"It's time." I reply. He helps me up and into the truck and we speed to the hospital.

When we get there they out me in a wheel chair and take me to a room. The doctor checks to see how dilated I am.

"Your 5 centimeters dilated. Would you like and Epidural?" He asks me while he hooks up my IVs and monitor.

"Yes! Babe call Ko and your mom!" I say.

About 20 minutes later Ko and Ma get here. We're talking when the doctor comes back in and says it's time.

3 hours later, we hear the first cry. "It's a boy!" One of the nurses say.
"Another boy!" The same nurse says.
"It's a girl!" She says again.

We start crying when we hear all 3 of our babies wailing. They hand us all of them. I lay Bailey in the middle of my chest, and hold Ryder and Bentley in each arm.

Brantley kisses all of us, then takes the babies and placed them in their cot.

"Sleep princess. I'll watch them." I nod before drifting off to sleep. One thought on my mind.

Our family is perfect.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yes! Okay let's pretend Johnny is alive still. She took her grandparents name when she was little, because her mom and Johnny never married! Thank you! This update was very hard to write honestly. Vote! And read my other stories!!