Chapter 4

BG'S POV

When we kissed, that was when i realized I needed her. She's beautiful and smart. She tell me to go ahead and head to her house and that she has to drop these papers off. She'll be 10 minutes behind. As I'm driving I remember all the times we would play in her yard. Messing up the fence. Running through the yard on out razors. I miss those days.

I heard her talking to Ko one night a few weeks before I came in town. I was talking to momma and Dakota said "Ko I wanna be with him, and not like a Bestfriend relationship. I'm in love with him, and I can forgive him for not being there Cuz that's what momma would have wanted! And Ko I'm scared. I'm so scared. I don't wanna get hurt again" And that's when I knew I needed to see her and confess my feelings.

I hear the door open and she's walking in. She hugs me, and I just savor her in my arms.

"BG, I care about you. I have since I was little. But I can't deal with the mixed signals. I love how you like to take control, how dominant you are. I love how you care for the ones you love. You go to bat for any of us. Your hot, and I love your tattoos but we changed. We are different people now and I'm scared you don't feel the way I do, I feel the same way I felt 5 years ago." She says, on the verge of tears.

"Dakota. I've felt that way for years now. It's always been you. I came back the day after I left for Nashville looking for you. I realized I needed you. Everybody said you left. I heard from you every now and then until I got with Amber you stopped replying. I don't blame you. I always wanted you, amber wasn't you. Jana wasn't you. Nobody was and on tour all the time I would come home praying that you would be at momma's. I heard you were working at the hospital. So I worried about you working to hard. Baby. Forgive me please. Let's work this out. I want you to be mine, Dakota Rose. Please?" I say, pouring my heart out to her.

She starts crying. "Yes BG! Yes." I smash my lips to hers. I never want to be anywhere else.