46|Savanna The Scammer

Start from the beginning

The customer in front of Anthony left, and before he could order, Savanna side stepped him and said, "We'll have two gnocchi soups for here, please."
-
-
-
"She was in love with him," Savanna started as she sat across from Anthony. "She would never admit it now because she's too prideful, but she was in love with him. She owed her whole life to Chase, so sometimes I think she was more in love with the idea of how he helped versus him as a person."

"What? Like she was a gold digger or something," Anthony incredulously asked.

"No, never," Savanna quickly said as she defended herself, and tried to regroup and gather her thoughts. "I'm just telling you this because when you love someone, it never really goes away," she innocently shrugged.

"So you're saying she's still in love with him?"

"Not necessarily," Savanna said as she brought her cup of water to her lips. "I'm just saying that sometimes, even if you're over someone, it's hard to actually see them move on. Seeing someone with your ex, even if you are ready, not easy."

"She's not in love with him, or jealous of him," Anthony defended

"She's not in love with him, or jealous of him," Anthony defended. "She hates him with everything."

"It doesn't matter if she hates him or if she loves him," Savanna insisted. "Her life will forever be bound to his. Honestly, I'd leave while you can. You don't need all the baggage that comes with Natalia and Chase."

"Is that why you chose to stay," Anthony asked as Savanna's eyes widened. "If there's really so much baggage, why didn't you leave? And you know what? I think the one that's in love with him is you. You're so infatuated with him that you'd do anything for him, even trying to stage a date with me to get Natalia on his side."

"How did- how did you-"

"How did I figure it out," Anthony scoffed. "The guy taking pictures in the corner gave it away."

"How do you know that's not just a fan? It's Chicago and you're a Cub. People take pictures all the time," Savanna defended.

"That would be true, except you got defensive after I brought him up," Anthony smirked as he stood up to his full height.

"You know what? You and Natalia are clearly perfect for each other. You've both got that extra intuition. Props to you, Rizzo," Savanna said as she stood up as well. "But you can't tell anyone this happened."

"To hell I won't," Anthony scoffed. "You better be out of here and onto whatever poor person you're going to torture next, you psychotic bitch."

With that, he grabbed the extra bag of soup for Natalia and walked out of the restaurant and to his car.
-
-
-
"It's open," came a faint yell from inside Natalia's apartment as Anthony knocked on the door.

"That's really not safe you know," Anthony chided as he opened the door and made his way to her living room.

"Cassie's right across from me. No one would try to break in knowing that my neighbor's home. Besides, have you seen her dog," Natalia said with a small laugh.