13|Blessings

The day had finally come for Kris and Jessie to announce their engagement to their parents. It was safe to say that both of them were a wreck.

"What if they don't give their blessing," Jessie panicked.

"Jess, I highly doubt your parents would say no," Adriana reassured, "They love Kris."

"You're right," Jessie said as she paced the room.

"Jess? Stop pacing," Natalia ordered from her spot laying in the bed.

"Okay, I'm calm. I'm totally calm," Jessie said as she sat down on the bed.

Mason then burst through the door saying, "Guys, we have a problem. Kris is literally about to die."

"That's kind of your job, Mase. We have the bride. You get the groom," Adriana whined.

"Please, girls? His parents can't see him like this before they say anything," Mason begged.

"I'll go," Natalia said as she got out of her bed, "If Jess goes, they'll just freak each other out."
-
-
-
As soon as Natalia walked into the room, she found a pacing Kris and a nervous Anthony.

"Okay, you both need to chill," Natalia ordered, "Your parents are going to see you and suspect it. We've done everything to keep it quiet. Jess isn't wearing a ring, no one has mentioned it. But you two are going to mess it up."

"My parents wouldn't say no, right," Kris asked.

"Goodness, you and Jess are way too similar," Natalia muttered.

"KB, it's fine. You just need to take a deep breath and chill," Anthony said.

"Right, yeah," Kris said as he released a big breath.

"Okay, now you're just overdoing it," Natalia laughed as she watched Kris do a whole breathing exercise.

"And I thought Adriana was the dramatic one," Mason joked as Natalia laughed.

"Get dressed and ready to go KB. Lunch with the parentals is in an hour. You need to look your best to play the part," Natalia said before walking out.
-
-
-
Natalia and Adriana quickly got to work with Jessie's hair and makeup. They were going to a fancy restaurant with their families to share the news, and definitely needed to look the part.

An hour later, Jessie was ready, Natalia was putting on her shoes, and Adriana was swiping on her final layer of lipstick.

Three knocks sounded at the door as Anthony entered the room, "Are you girls ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," Jessie muttered as she walked out the door.

Adriana followed behind as she said, "This is going to be bad if she can't calm her nerves."

Natalia shook her head at her best friends and turned to look back at Anthony who stuck out his arm, "Shall we?"

"We shall," Natalia giggled as she linked arms with him.

The gang all met downstairs in the foyer and Kris said, "So my parents are meeting us there and obviously Jess' parents are too."

"You both need to chill. It'll all be fine," Adriana said.

"I honestly think Sue and Mike already know with the way you two were acting this morning," Mason said.

"Impossible," Natalia said with a roll of her eyes, "I didn't get up at 5 in the morning every day to steal the newspaper from them for nothing."

"Yeah, and I certainly didn't have Kylie call her tech guys to hack everyone's phones," Adriana muttered.

"Exactly," Anthony said, "We've come to far to give up now. You can't keep them in the dark forever."