46|Savanna The Scammer

"So how was your day," Natalia asked as she sat on her couch. Bowl of ice cream in one hand and phone in the other.

"It was okay. It would've been better if you were here too," Anthony joked.

"Cheesy," Natalia giggled, before cutting herself off with a cough. "But we both know that would've been a bad idea."

"Babe, I don't care if you get me sick," Anthony argued.

"That makes one out of the millions of baseball fans wanting to see you during spring training," Natalia said with a small laugh. "I don't want to be responsible for you having to sit out the first few games."

"It's for that reason that we should be spending time together," Anthony said. "I'll be gone for all of spring training and won't see you for awhile."

"Is that your way of saying you're going to miss me," Natalia mused.

"I'll straight out say it, Natalia. I'm going to miss you a whole freaking lot. It's like I can't even go a day without hearing your voice, let alone actually seeing you," Anthony confessed.

"Well, now you've officially guilt tripped me," Natalia awed. "I'm obviously staying in my apartment all day trying to get rid of this cold before my mock trial, so mind bring me some soup and we can spend the rest of the day together?"

"I'll be there in an hour," Anthony quickly said.
-
-
-
Anthony walked into a nearby cafe and got in line. As he skimmed the menu, he felt someone tap his shoulder. Thinking it was a fan, he turned around with a smile on his face, but was shocked to see the smiling face of Savanna Parker staring back at him.

"Fancy seeing you here," she joked.

"Savanna. Hey," Anthony greeted uncomfortably. He really didn't know the girl, but felt like he did through the countless stories the gang had told him. It was safe to say, he felt uneasy around her.

"Are you getting soup too," Savanna asked as she saw him read over the section of the menu.

"Yeah," he easily responded as he tried to choose one for Natalia.

"Care to share which one is the best," Savanna asked as he finally looked at her. "It's my first time, and I hear this place is really good."

"Uh, the chicken soup is easily a classic, but if you want something special, I'd go with the gnocchi. Their known around the city for that one," Anthony said.

"This might be asking too much, but do you want to join me," Savanna asked. Anthony unwittingly made a face, and she was quick to reword her question. "I promise I won't try anything. I know you've heard the stories, and you have no reason to trust me, but I've changed. As a token of peace, I'll even answer any questions you have. I'm sure you have tons about Natalia and Chase."

"Savanna-"

"-I swear this is a friendly meal. I know I said that right before I scared off Natalia, but I mean it this time."

"I actually have to go meet with her right now," Anthony said as he tried to find a polite excuse.

"You see her everyday," Savanna giggled. "She can wait a little longer."

Anthony opened his mouth to say something, but Savanna cut him off. "I'm giving you a once in a lifetime opportunity that no one ever has to even know about if it makes you that uncomfortable. I know that you have to have questions about Chase, and I can answer them for you. No one knows the story of Chase and Natalia better than the two of them and Catherine Grey. I, however, was part of the story. I'm a trustworthy source," she joked.