12|Rooftop Talks

Natalia had calmed down enough for her cries to be simple sniffles as Kris parked the car and the gang got out. But that didn't stop the group from checking up on her.

Yet, they didn't get the chance when Natalia ran outside and up to the rooftop.

"What do we go? Should we wait it out," Jessie asked as she looked in the direction Natalia ran.

"No, that's going to make it worse," Adriana said.

"No, let's wait it out. She doesn't want anyone right now," Mason suggested.

Kris shook his head, "She's only saying that. You know Nat. She tries to be tough about it."

"He's right. This is the first time she's cried about it since the last time we came to visit over a year ago," Adriana said.

After seeing the group argue about it more, Anthony thought screw it, and headed towards the rooftop.
-
-
-
Natalia was sitting down with her knees pressed to her chest as she cried.

As soon as she heard footsteps she wiped her tears and without looking back at the person said, "I'll be down in a minute. I'm fine."

"You're not," Anthony said as he sat down beside her, "and that's okay."

Natalia sniffled as she turned to look at him, "This is stupid. I haven't cried about it in a long time, and I said I wouldn't, bu-but seeing him the-there in front of me-"

Natalia was interrupted as a sob racked her body.

"I-I can't," Natalia cried, "I can't do this. I ca-can't."

"Can't do what," Anthony asked as he pulled her into his arms.

"I can't even look my mother in the eyes after everything she's done. When my dad left I thought he was the problem, but as I got older, I realized what it actually was. My mom had pushed him away. I just can't do it. I can't be here with her," Natalia said as she pushed herself further into his side.

"Natalia, it's okay. You have every right to feel that way. Hell, even I can't stand your mom and I barely met her," Anthony joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

It seemed to work when Natalia's lips spread into a smile and a small laugh followed, "Before everything, she was still crazy, but not in the way she is now. Before, she wanted what was best for me. In an extremely odd and disgusting way, she still does. She saw Chase as my way of doing better for myself."

"You did do better for yourself, without her help. You're going to be a lawyer and you got yourself all the way to Chicago. You've been incredibly brave."

"I feel bad," Natalia said as she gave a small laugh, "My tears ruined your shirt."

"Natalia, it's fine. Promise," Anthony said as he held her in his arms.

"I'm sorry you had to see this. I'm such a mess, and I'm normally not like this. Truly, only a few people have seen me like-," Natalia was cut off by Anthony.

"You're not a mess. You're human, and that's okay," Anthony comforted, "You're allowed to be upset and cry about it."

"Thank you," Natalia sniffled as she wiped her last tears, "for being here. I know that we don't know each other that well, but you've done so much more in the past few minutes, than a lot of people have my whole life."

"Natalia, it may not seem like it, but I'll always be here for you. I knew you were special from that very first day we met at Wrigley."

Natalia smiled as she thought about that fateful day. It had changed things for her. She had put a wall around her heart, and he had managed to crack it on that day. And every time that they saw each other after that, he tore down her walls a little more.

At least before the World Series, Natalia thought. Because it was then that she had felt her walls go back up.

She did, after all, have a very fragile heart. She had learned the hard way to not trust easily and that love was earned, not just given.

But as the two sat on the rooftop of Kris' house, Natalia felt her walls drop a little more. Anthony had seen her at her lowest point, and he didn't judge her or run off. He helped her through it, as if he had known her for years.

And that made all the difference in the world to Natalia.
----------

NataliaGrey| #tb ; thankful for my amazing friends who have stood by me through it all 💖 also a special thank you to someone new in my life for being there [tagged: JessDelp, KylieMontgomery, AdrianaHunt, MasonHunt, KrisBryant, AnthonyRizzo]1,682...

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

NataliaGrey| #tb ; thankful for my amazing friends who have stood by me through it all 💖 also a special thank you to someone new in my life for being there [tagged: JessDelp, KylieMontgomery, AdrianaHunt, MasonHunt, KrisBryant, AnthonyRizzo]
1,682 likes|89 comments

KylieMontgomery: missing my squad here in Chicago 😫💙 see you soon
AdrianaHunt: seconds after this, I fell flat on my face lmao 😂
JessDelp: 💙 to the best maid of honor a girl could ask for
KrisBryant: who could forget @/AdrianaHunt ? You cried for hours 😂
AdrianaHunt: not my fault it hurts to face plant 🤦🏻‍♀️ smh @/KrisBryant you should know this considering you had a similar experience
KrisBryant: we said we would never speak of it @/AdrianaHunt
AdrianaHunt: looks like I have something over you now @/KrisBryant ☺️

-----------
An uneventful chapter, but it was filled with Natalia and Anthony, so it's a win 🤷🏻‍♀️

Until next time,
Gabby

The Bridesmaidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें