58| help me understand

All heads turned to Adriana, who merely squinted at the brunette standing proudly beside Tyler.

"Kayla? This is the girl you were telling me about on the phone," Jessie asked her brother, breaking the silence that had settled within the group.

"Yeah, I-"

"-do you not know who this is, Ty," Adriana cut off the boy.

"Well, apparently you all know her," Tyler muttered as he looked around the group.

"We kind of go back," Kayla vaguely explained as she glanced around. Spotting Natalia and Anthony, she sent the two a smile. "Natalia, it's so nice to see you again," she exclaimed as she threw her arms around the blonde.

Natalia was stunned, and she didn't know what to do as she awkwardly returned the hug. She was shocked, however, when she threw her arms around Anthony. "You too, Tony!"

"Oh my gosh, it is just such a small world," Kayla exclaimed as she let go of Anthony. "How do you guys know Tyler?"

"He's my brother," Jessie muttered, as she looked between Tyler and Kayla.

"Well, since introductions are out of the way, how about another round," Tyler asked, sensing the tension that seemed to rise around the group.

"Sounds perfect, Ty," Mason agreed, as he grabbed the bartender's attention.

This time, when the shot glass was placed in front of Natalia, she didn't hesitate to gulp the whole thing down.

-

Jessie had seemed to let go of all her previous stressors as she happily danced with Kris in the middle of the club. Natalia was happy to see her best friend happy, but she couldn't bring herself to get away from her own stressors.

Kayla was back, and it irked her to no end. She also couldn't shake the feeling of thinking that it was all planned.

No, I'm going totally insane. Not everything has to do with Chase, Natalia!!

She dragged a hand down her face as she turned to Anthony who sat beside her.

"I didn't know Kayla and Tyler knew each other," Natalia commented, getting his attention.

His eyes met hers as he furrowed his brows. "It's news to me," he shrugged. "They must've met in Vegas. Kayla's sister lives there."

"Hm," Natalia hummed. "I didn't know."

Anthony merely shrugged. "It's a little weird, but it's Tyler's choice if he wants to be with her. It's his life to ruin."

Natalia forced out a laugh at his statement, but still couldn't shake her irritation over the whole thing. Adriana passed her a shot, and she gladly took it as she thanked her friend.

"That's what friends are for," Adriana grinned. "I can't very well let you deal with Ms. Perfect Leggy Brunette without some liquid courage."

"Don't forget completely psycho," Kylie muttered as she blinked her glass against Natalia's and Adriana's.

"Don't let her get to you," Adriana advised as she squinted in Kayla and Tyler's direction. The two seemed to deep in conversation at the other end of the bar. Kayla would laugh occasionally and Tyler seemed to be in complete awe of the brunette. "This is our last night in AZ. Your last night with Rizz before we have to go back to Chi-town. Enjoy it, Nat. We deal with Tyler later- or in my case never."

Natalia silently agreed with Adriana's words, and made the decision to just let her worries bother her later. Adriana was right- she wouldn't see Anthony for a while, and here she was wasting it away thinking about his ex girlfriend and her best friend's brother.