Mate of Honor Ch. 10

(Yes chapter ten! And I'm uploading it as I promised, and its nice and long. I must say it took awhile to get this chapter going but I know you'll be even more desperate to find out the big secret so onwards to the story. Oh and no worries, we'll be getting back to Hunter and Roxie next chapter, can't forget our main couple now can we :) Enjoy....) *I came back to edit this chapter a decade later because of the amount of comments on me accidentally using brother instead of cousin for Ethan and Hunter's relationship lol

            Ethan pulled the car into Soul Wing, one hand moving the steering wheel and the other holding onto Rosie's hand. Rosie squeezed his hand lightly and smiled at him, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. "It's perfect," She whispered looking at the ranch. The house with its wide porch and hanging plants was the first thing she saw followed by the stone barn and then the paths leading to the other areas of Soul Wing.

            Roxie shifted in the back seat and watched the porch for Ella. Today she'd have to reintroduce Rosie to Ella, and she wasn't sure how it would go. Ella and Rosie had never gotten along. Ella was calm, quiet, cool and collected. Rosie was wild, excitable, angry, nearly as much as Roxie herself had been back then. Where Ella had been a calmer for Roxie, Rosie had always gotten angrier around Ella, almost spiteful.

            The car stopped and Roxie immediately hopped out breaking into a full out run to the porch bursting through the door without knocking. Mrs. Allen shrieked as Roxie went by, "Slow down Miss Jinx! Ella's in the kitchen again."

            "Thank you Mrs. Allen!" Roxie yelled slipping into the kitchen where Ella was cooking again, this time lunch for them all to share in possible reception area for the wedding.

            "Roxie! I was hoping you'd come with your sister." Ella yelled putting down the plate in her hands to hug Roxie.

            "You think I'd leave you alone to deal with Rosie?" Roxie whispered in case Ethan and Rosie had followed to close behind. "You two never did get along though I'm not sure if she remembers you or not."

            "Of course she will," Ella rolled her eyes. "I certainly remember how many times she threatened me back at the orphanage."

            "She threatened you?" Roxie paused to look at the door with a glare. "When?"

            Ella laughed it off easily, "Years ago, not now. Don't go fighting with your sister just because she was a little jealous."

            "Rosie is never jealous of anybody." Roxie muttered leaning against the counter.

            Ella glanced at her friend and rolled her eyes. "Fine, fine, Rosie was never jealous of me and you being so close," Roxie glared a warning at Ella's sarcastic tone, "but I bet the moment she remembers me you'll see the jealousy right back in her eyes."

            Why would Rosie be jealous of her being friends with Ella? Roxie bit her lip trying to think of a reason but found none. Rosie had had as best a childhood as they could living in an orphanage. She got the guys, the parties, the friends, everywhere they went Rosie was perfect.

            "There's no way Rosie was ever jealous of us. We were the school losers, remember?"

            "I was the school loser. No one dared call you a loser for fear you'd pummel them." Ella waved her knife scolding. "Where is the happy couple anyways? I can't wait to introduce, or reintroduce, myself."

            "Just remember," Rosie began but was cut off.

            "No telling the secret. Relax Rocks, I don't want my family finding out either. It's not like I'm going to blurt out we were-," Roxie sprung forward to slap her hand over Ella's mouth as the front door slammed. "What are you doing?" Ella mumbled pushing Roxie's hand away. "They can't hear us from the front door."