Chapter 22: Jealous

Valentine Hart King

We followed Joy and Josh in the best way that we can, which is to only stay in the car. After the shop, they went to the amusement park.

I freaked out when Jungkook and V were unbuckling their seatbelts.
"W-what are you doing?" I said.

"You wanna keep an eye on them right?" V said and he was putting on glasses and a cap.

Jungkook helped me get off the car.
"Yes I do, but why are we getting off the car, they could see us from a mile away and---"

Joy came running to us. Shit.
"VALETINE!" She yelled.

Damn it.
"Ugh, you guys." I mumbled.

I put on a straight face.

"Joy, Hi! We didn't know you guys would be here." V said.

"It was just a last minute thing, anyway, I thought the two of you have a date or something, why is V here?" She said and I was speechless. Seriously, I don't know if I should lie or what.

"D-date? I never said we're going on a---" I started to babble but then V cut me off.

"Anyhow, I'm here to keep an eye on things in case something happens to Val while Jungkook is busy drooling over the rides." He said.

"Ah right. Since we're all here, we should totally hang out." She said.

"Yeah, sounds great. What should we do first?" V said.

Since I can't really go on rides because of my arms, I just wait for them until they finish. Jungkook who noticed at how deeply lost I am with the fact that THIS is actually happening to my best friend, stayed with me when they rode the pirate ship.

"She looks...happy." I said.

"He seems like a good guy though." He said.

"I wanna kick his face, shoot a thousand arrows at him, whichever's more violent...but there's a part of me that's wants to just take a step back and let them be. After all, she's still my friend and I want her to be happy." At some point, I can't help but be relieved. I still feel on edge but I'm happy. I've never seen her like this before. Maybe it's a good thing.

After the trip to the amusement park, the boys drove Joy and I back to school. We were resting in our room when I decided to open up to her.
"Joy, there's something I wanna talk to you about." I said and she seems to listen.

"We had so much fun today didn't we? Well you didn't get to get on any rides though but Jungkook was there so I bet it was---" Before she says that it was a really awesome day, I had to cut her off.

"Joy.."

"Yeah?"

I just stared at her for a moment.
"A-bout Josh.. He's---"

"An asshole I know." She laughed.

"W-what?" Maybe I didn't hear her correctly.

She kept on laughing.
"Did you really believe I fell for that self-centered son of a---"

"Okay okay I get it he's REALLY something...but--but I don't get it, what are you doing?" Okay yeah, I'm confused.

"I'm gonna teach him a lesson. This isn't just for me but to every girl out there that he messed with, including you." She said. Wow, she's....really cool.
"Actually, even Alex is in on it." She said.