Chapter 19: Acceptance

Jeon Jungkook

Valentine just stayed with us for a bit backstage. I'm glad. She seemed like a different person. I guess having a urge breakdown actually helps sometimes.

We went all quiet when Rachel came out of nowhere.
"You HAD to ruin it, didn't you? You're supposed to be MIA, what the hell are you doing here?" Rachel just lashed out.

I noticed the guys are pretty tensed up.
"Seriously, Rachel just back off." Suga walked in front of her.

"Ah, look at all of you. I can't believe that because of YOU Valentine, these idiots actually grew up." She laughed. I could feel how heavy the atmosphere is now.

"She--she called us idiots." Jimin said.

"We're standing RIGHT HERE! I'm gonna--" Jin was about to blow when Val spoke.

"Enough." She sternly said.

"Oh, so you're not a robot after all, I had doubts for a moment since the Valentine I know, is completely opposite to what you're doing right now." She grinned.

"Why are you even here?" Val asked.

"What?! I'M the school representative. I was the one who stood up for the opening ceremony when YOU were nowhere to be found, now you suddenly just show up without even saying anything, you EVEN managed to convince the entire production team to go along. You're unbelievable." She said.

Valentine chuckled.
"You're one to talk. I'm here now, I don't need a replacement anymore, so why are YOU still here?" She pushed Suga aside.

"You sure have the guts don't you. Do you really think everything will be okay since you finally revealed yourself as a King? Remember, EVERYONE listens to ME!" She emphasized her words.

"As much as I don't like to admit it, but you're actually right, but...you forgot one thing." She took a step closer to Rachel.

Literally, I was about to pull her away when V stopped me.

"And what's that?" Rachel grinned.

Val glanced at the audience visible on the side.
"Have you ever thought, what would happen...if I suddenly started talking? There's basically more or less three thousand people behind these curtains, not to mention you have your so called fans who actually worship you. One step through these curtains.. And people will know who you really are, you wouldn't want that, do you?" She raised her eyebrow. Whoa, I can't believe I lived to see this day.

"Are you...threatening me?" It got on Rachel's nerve.

"Yes." Val replied confidently.
"Are you...scared?" She added and grinned mischievously. I don't know what's going on inside her head right now, but though she's holding her head up high, I can see it...she's shaking,

"I--I am." Jimin said.

"Just because you're confident enough to talk right now doesn't mean you can actually win." Rachel said.

"Who said anything about just talking?" She said and we turned our heads at her. What does she mean?
"I'm---not letting you take what's mine." She added.

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!" Rachel was about to hit Valentine when she grabbed onto her arm first.

"L-let go of me!" Rachel said but Val won't budge,.