Chapter 21: Unexpectedly

Start from the beginning

"By the way, Val. I noticed you have a different understudy today." Jin asked.

"Well Alex has her own solo now. Basically she's currently the all around performer. A lot of people noticed her during some of our performances and she was casted to be the main character of a tv show." I said. Alex has really improved a lot since the first time I met her. When she's confident, she shines beautifully more than anything.

"Guys, Adam just texted me. We're having a family barbecue at King's residence and he said we can have a sleepover since it's Friday." Rapmon said.

"Sleepover?! YEEEES! It's been a while since we had that. Sleepover at the King's are THE BOMB!" V said.

I'm not sure how things will turn out but I'm pretty excited actually.
"Yeah? I'll have to go home first though, I'm just gonna pick up some stuff and I'll come right over." I said.

"I-I'll drive." Jungkook stood up.

The boys except for Jungkook went to my brothers' house.
After getting some things form our house, we went followed them there. I can sense some awkwardness between Jungkook in I when we were in the car since I still can't get over the fact that he wants to go out with me.
"The shareholder's meeting is next week, how are things holding up?" He snapped me back to reality.

"Oh uhm, Adam has been letting me practice the things that I'm gonna say, he's just making sure I don't end up saying something else." I said.

"How about the reporters? Are they still following you?" He said. Ah, right. The news spread like wildfire.

"It's not that I'm famous or anything, it's just that they find this quite entertaining. Adam told me not to do anything though."

"So...what's gonna happen after that? Everything's going back to normal right?" He asked.

It got me thinking for a moment. NORMAL. Define NORMAL.
"Truth is...I don't remember a time where anything was normal, but I'm looking forward to what's gonna happen." I smiled. I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can.

When we got to my brothers' house, it was livelier than I remembered. Maybe it's because of the kids running around and the amazing smell of barbecue in the yard. Ahhhh, family.

"Mom! I want brownies!" Jungkook came running to the kitchen. His mom was helping prepare the side dishes for dinner.

She slapped his hand when he reached for the plate filled with delicious brownies.
"Those are for later Jungkook. Why don't you help everyone set up table outside?" She said.

He glanced at Jimin, J-hope, and Jin who were arguing on how the table would turn out.
"Nah they're fine." He said.
Aish, such a cutie.

"Auntie, do you need any help?" I said.

"It's fine dear, besides you haven't recovered yet. Why don't you just rest." She smiled. Gosh she's so pretty. She actually looks like my sister or something, she looks so young.

"Ah I'm just gonna look after the kids with Taehyung." I said and went over to the living room. Actually, there's something bothering me for a while. I can't tell this to everyone or they'll start acting weird and everything.

I'm having second thoughts on whether to tell V but I can't take it anymore.
"V.." I said softly.

He came over to the couch and sat beside me.
"Yeah?" He looks adorable as ever.