Missing

Ever since things had been going smoothly at the bar. Most of the nights Silver would swing by and say hello to Kade with a hug, drink a few drinks as they would talk while he worked behind the bar.

Joe had asked him to come by every day since somehow after the open mic night people came by more often, sometimes even with guitars and asked if they could play. And if it wasn't busy at the bar he helped Roy sometimes. Other times he did some fixing up in the bar on Joe's request. Some tables and chairs  were showing signs of wear and tear.

One of the things Kade noticed that every night he kept an eye out for Silver. He really was looking forward to seeing her again and again. When she couldn't make it he was in a kinda down mood the rest of the night.

Today she made it though. And currently she was sitting at the end of the bar teasing him. Every time he got near she would poke him in his side. He would jump, she would laugh.

When he walked back from a table to the bar he put both hands on her sides and started to tickle her with no mercy. She squeaked and nearly fell of her bar stool. Kade started to laugh, it started with a snort and ended in a full out laughter where he stood leaning against the bar because otherwise his knees would give way. Every time he looked at her he started laughing all over again.

When he was wiping the tears from his eyes she was still glaring daggers. He caught Joe smirking from the other side of the bar. It had been an easy night.

"Is it OK if I go for a smoke?" He asked Joe.

"Sure Kade." Joe said who had been cleaning the same glass for the last 10 minutes. He sighed and put it down. Those 2 idiots had been the only "alive" thing in the bar today Joe realized.

"Wanna join me out back?" Kade asked Silver who nodded before putting on her sweater.

As they got outside he could feel her hand brush his. Some time had passed since they held hands. So when Kade's fingers gently moved along hers and held her hand he could feel a slight pull before she relaxed her hand.

"You okay?" He asked her softly with his cigaret in the corner of his mouth.

"Are you Kade?" She asked as her eyes bore into his.

He managed to keep that connection for a second or 2 before he had to look away.

"I'm okay, don't worry." He blew the cigarette smoke up before smiling down at her. It had been some time now but he was okay.

"I.. I have to leave for some time..." Silver said, now avoiding his gaze, not seeing his world crashing down in his eyes. "I'll come back I promise, it should only take a week or two."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Visit family and old friends up north, I'll be back soon, I promise!"