"The Gonzales." He said and turned back to focus on the man.

"Keep him here until my next order." I said and got out of the warehouse to go back to my house and change into something clean.

"What are we gonna do with that guy? Do you really think he will help us in any way now?" Evan asked as we sat back in the car.

"We will need him at some point. Ask James to talk to him and get some information about his boss's next move or any plan that he knows." I said as Evan took his phone out and dictated what I said.

"Why didn't you say that to James when we were there?" Evan asked.

"I wanted to mentally put pressure on that guy. He would now think about what James was ordered to do. And then maybe he would spill some more." I said as I smirked his way. He reciprocated me and looked in the front.

Lily's POV

I was now sitting in a coffee shop sipping my latte while thinking about the proposal my father had for me. I couldn't keep my rage last night. That's why I left in the early morning. It was now evening. I wanted some privacy. I had called Jim a few minutes ago, telling him about the situation and that I was not going to see him for some time. He obliged and told me to not worry and call him if I'm in any kind of danger.

Suddenly I saw two men walking inside the cafe and sitting in one of the tables that were reserved at the back, and that was two tables down from mine. They were in suits and wore glasses and I could feel the dangerous aura around them. The waitress who attended them was so nervous. She knew who they were but I had never seen these guys. They gave their orders to her and she scurried away from them.

The guy who was facing me was smiling and looking around in the cafe while the one who's back was facing me, sat silently. The 'smiley guy' was wearing a black and white formal suit while the other one wore a brown coat. Suddenly the 'smiley guy' saw me gawking at them and winked. I made a disgusted face, mentally slapping myself for not controlling my hormones and looked down. I was not in the mood to have a conversation with anyone.

Suddenly I heard chairs being picked up and then put down. When I looked up, I saw the two handsome hunks sitting sideways so that they both could see me. The one in the brown coat wore a white shirt underneath his suit. His eyes were dark brown almost black as he pushed his glasses away from his eyes. I was mesmerized by his facial perfection. He was scrutinizing me with blank expressions on his face. I felt my cheeks heat up as I turned my head to see outside the window. I felt his penetrating gaze but didn't look back at him.

Something caught my eye. I saw a man fully covered by his hoodie, sitting in the passenger seat of a car with a man in the driver's seat. He looked at the hunk whom I was avoiding. He looked suspicious. And my suspicions cleared as I saw him take out a gun and pointed two tables down from me. I abruptly stood up and made my way towards the Greek god. One of my reasons was that I wanted peace. There would be chaos if he fired in the direction of the cafe and people would die.

I stood in front of the targets as they looked at me. The 'smiley guy' looked puzzled and interested in me because of my sudden approach on their table, on the other hand, the 'brown jacket guy' looked at me with a blank expression. I pulled a chair from a table beside me and sat with them.

"What a privilege!! What brings you here sweetheart?" The 'smiley guy' asked leaning on the table. I looked at him and groaned. Why was I helping them again?

My back faced the window so there was no way that I would be shot, but I was a little bit scared. I don't know if the person in that car was in his sane mind or if he was just there to kill these idiots with whom I was trying to get acquainted now.

"Okay I don't want you two to get scared okay-" I was cut off by the 'smiley guy'

"Are you scary? Is Halloween around the corner already? I need to buy some candies Man." He said looking at the 'brown coat' guy who had not even blinked his eyes at me. He was staring so hard as if looking through my soul. Suddenly he looked behind me and his eyes widened. I knew why he reacted like that.

"Stay still and keep talking." He said for the first time. His voice was deep and rough. He folded his hands on the table and leaned forth. Before he could say a word I started talking

"Look. I don't know who you are but there is someone out there, sitting in a car on the other side of the road and is pointing a gun in your direction. I don't want to see any havoc in here so just get out of the kitchen. I will cover you." I said as I sipped my drink. The 'smiley guy' looked at me and tried to compose his shocking expression as he looked out the window to confirm what I said. His face contorted for a fraction of a second as he acted normally and looked at me.

"How do you-" I cut him off.

"I'm not here for a chit-chat. Stand up." I said, my voice gaining an edge to it. The 'brown jacket' guy glanced at the now 'not so smiley guy' and stood up with me.

"I won't take cover from a girl." The Greek God said. Before he could protest again, I took hold of his shoulder and tiptoed to reach his height, but I realized he was taller than me even after my efforts.

"I don't care if you want cover from me or not. I'm not letting anyone cause a scene here. So. Get. Out." I said and turned him around. I pushed him from the back towards the kitchen. He didn't say a word and the 'not so smiley guy' followed him, speaking in his earpiece.

"What are you doing here? And why did you bring these gentlemen with you?" Laura, the owner of the cafe said as I passed her.

"We'll talk later. Bye. And take care of yourself and Jaden." I said and walked away. Before she could reply I was near the door. I opened it and pushed the guy out with the other man trailing behind. I closed the door as I led them towards the next alleyway.

"Who are you?" The 'brown jacket' man said in a monotone.

My reply could not fall out of my mouth as I felt pain coursing through my shoulder. I fell forward, the result of the impact of the gunshot as I heard tires screeching near the entrance of the alleyway.

Ryan's POV

Before she could give us her introduction, she suddenly fell forward, her face scrunching in pain as I caught her in my arms before she could touch the ground. Warm red liquid drenched her cream-colored shirt as she tried to turn around to search for the culprit who shot her.

The only thought that went through my mind

"FUCK!!"