Stories of the past

Zacznij od początku

The Prince was right. A big storm hit Wedgemore during the night.

The loud and violent thunders made Diana jump from the little bed. In the middle of the night, she gave up from trying to sleep.

She was scared.

She was sleepless.

“Afraid of the thunders?” She heard the Prince’s voice, whispering in the dark. from his bed. It was a really small house, their beds were near each other, no divisions separating different rooms.

“Of course not”

“Have I told you, you are a bad liar?”

She could basically hear his chuckle

“Come here, Diana” he whispered

“What?”

“We can talk for a bit, there is no need for you to be alone in that bed”

She approached and looked at him, hesitantly

“I promise I won’t do anything. I will behave” he smiled

She pulled the sheets away and got next to him, on the bed, as another loud thunder was heard throughout the entire island

She jumped, but felt the Prince’s arms around her

“It is ok” He pulled her into him.

She tried to fight it, at first, but as soon as her cheeks touched his strong chest and his warmness involved her, she relaxed instantly.

She took a deep breath. She never imagined being in his arms would feel so good. She thought about how she did not want to leave his arms, ever.

“Better?” He whispered

“Yes” she whispered, her petite hand playing laying in his chest as well “Robert?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you meet your father?”

He did not reply. He took a deep breath and caressed her hips, making her feel incredibly good

“Yes” he finally whispered

She raised her head, to look at him “What happened?” she softly asked, suddenly noticing she had talked about something that caused him pain.

“My father was the best person I have ever met. And the best king Stonegate could ever have” He whispered

She looked down, not sure if she wanted to ask more. But he continued

“He was kidnapped. I was seventeen”

Her eyes widened, as he continued “It was a time when Samavia was a powerful and rival kingdom to ours. They took him, in a battle. Everyone in Stonegate thought they had killed him, thought everything was lost. But there was still a big part of the army up, we still had chances…”

“Did you do something?!” Diana glanced at him

“My mother forbid me to do anything. But I disobeyed. One night I took the army, I went to Samavia to attack them by surprise. I changed all our tactics, so we definitely caught them by surprise” He took a deep breath “The army was not at full force, we had lost many men in the previous battle with my father. But we are strong. I knew we would be able to hold the battle, at least until I found my father.”

“What went wrong?”

“I intended not to be seen as I entered their castle, not before I found my father.” He looked down “I failed. They threatened to kill him in front of me. They chained me”

Her eyes widened, she had never known about this story “They started to torture me, just like they did to him.” He pulled his shirt off to show the scar shaped in the form of a cross. The one Diana had already seen, but did not know its story.

“That happened there?”

“It is one of the big marks I held from that time, yes” he looked at Diana

“What happened after that?” Diana said, touching his scar

“They… killed him, anyway” He looked down, she could see the tears he was holding “In front of me… and there was nothing I could do”

She caressed his face, she could not even imagine how that was like

“I do not know what happened after. Not clearly. The rage I felt inside me was something I never felt before.” He looked down “I cut all their heads. The fire broke my chains, I still did not know clearly how, but then everything just happened. I kill them all, they did not have anyone else to command their army.” Robert whispered

“You won.”

“I carried my father’s body all the way back home. Where he belongs”

Diana smiled, the more she knew about him, the prouder she was. She kissed his cheek, still caressing him “It is ok to cry…”

“I had never cut a man’s head before that” He looked at her “It is not simple to do that with a single strike. Yet, I did it”

She half smiled “Your father is really proud of you, I am sure”

He looked down “My kingdom is in danger right now… He would never fail at this point”

Diana made him look at her “This is not your fault. Robert, there are three kingdoms united to take Stonegate! Three! And I know, I am sure, that you will win again.”

He kept silent, his hands still softly massaging her hips.

“and I will be there to watch it” Diana smiled

He glanced at her and, finally, showed her a small smile of his.

“I… I never told this to anyone” he whispered

Her eyes widened “Really?”

“Really. You were the first knowing it exactly as it happened”

She smiled “That will remain like that”

He looked at her intensely, he knew he could trust her “I know, Diana” he kissed her forehead

“You have completely made me forget about the thunders.” Diana laid her head on his bare chest again “Thank you”

He chuckled “Try to get some sleep now, you will not be able to win against me tomorrow if you are tired”

“I will find a way” Diana chuckled, teasingly

“I know” he finally whispered before letting his eyes close.

 Helloooo!

What did you think?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*