I can somewhat trust Jessie to not let these wild wolves kill me. I sighed out loud running my fingers through my hair. From the time we began to walk to now, the sun had long gone. The moon shined above us lighting the path ahead. I had no idea where we were. There were no houses, no sign of civilization, nothing. It was just an empty road and trees.

"Don't you just love the night?" Jessie asked as she skipped ahead of me with her bouncing blonde hair. I sighed again,

"I guess it's okay."

"The moon is perfect, the sky is clear, and there is just something in the air that makes me so happy." She giggled.

Her happiness caused me to roll my eyes. I sighed once again dragging my feet behind of her. Jessie suddenly stopped skipping and stood stiff. I was confused by her actions when she turned towards me. A serious look now replaced the one happy one she once had. She waited for me to reach her. Without another second pass, she held my arm.

"Why don't you want to be a wolf?" She randomly asked me. What? Where did that come from? The thought never once run through my head, and to now have Jessie randomly ask me it got me more confused than before.

"No." I simply stated as I tried to pull my arm away from her. The grip only became tighter. Almost the same amount of strength Dylan had this morning.

Her frown deepened. "Why not?" Her tone became darker than before. "Imagine how safe you would be if you just become a wolf. Everyone would leave you alone, there wouldn't be all this drama, and people wouldn't want to kill you."

"Where did all of this come from? I'm fine as a human."

"Not here. You will always be marked by each and every wolf if you stay the way you are. Please, hear me out."

I tried to pull my arm out of hers once again but she only growled at me. Her eyes glowed golden as this now sudden anger formed inside of her. I have never seen Jessie like this. She looks just like them. All those wolves who have tried to kill me before. I have never been more scared of Jessie in my life.

"Listen to me, Stella," she growled again shaking me this time. "It's clear that people wants to kill you. The only way to stay alive is if you turn into a wolf or you leave. Stop being hardheaded and take when I say to consideration."

"Let me go, Jessie."

"No..." She trailed off into the distance staring down at me. Her eyes were no longer gold but now the warm ones she once had before. Still, she held her tight grip. "Jessie?" I whispered touching her shoulders.

"Jessie are you okay?"

She shook her head, "I'll make this better." Was all she said before her eyes glowed again. Out of nowhere two large fangs formed in her mouth. Before I could comprehend what was happening, she took her other hand and took a hold of my neck. The next thing I know a sharp pain suddenly formed behind my neck causing me to scream. Her teeth then sank down into the arm she was once holding. I felt her sharp teeth sink into my skin as she pressed harder. Her claws then ran down the length of my neck stretching out the scar. The pain doubled and I screamed louder.

"What's wrong with you?" I yelled finally shoving her away from me. My blood dripped from my arm and running down my neck.

"I made it better." She simply said whipping the blood from her mouth. I stared at her with wide eyes before turning my back and running. I could hear her calling my name from behind but I couldn't stop.

My body wouldn't let me stop, no matter how much pain I was in. How many times does this have to happen to me? Can I not just walk without having to somehow run away from a wolf? Can't they just leave me alone? I ran faster as I heard her voice coming closer to me. As I ran I tried to apply pressure to the wound on my arm, but blood was still rushing out of my neck.