Chapter 26

I only won the second place but all of them are so proud of me. Dessa invited us over to celebrate. I didn't even hesitate in agreeing because I miss all of them. I also feel like something has been lifted from my chest.

Now they're clapping for me once again. Not for taking silver home but because I'm sport enough to take the dare. Which is to sing a duet with Yugyeom. I look at him. He's staring at nowhere but seems ready to sing with the microphone on his hand.

The perfect song plays. Superhuman by Chris Brown and Kerri Hilson.

♪♫ Weak

I have been crying and crying for weeks

How'd I survive when I can barely speak

Barely eat

On my knees ♪♫

I remember his voice messages and videos of him singing. He has a really sweet voice. It makes me feel like he's serenading me. But not this time. His voice seems like he's... hurting.

♪♫ But that's the moment you came to me

I don't know what your love has done to me

Think I'm invincible I see

Through the me

I used to be ♪♫

Our classmates cheered. Dessa gives me her signature teasing stare. I just smile and shrug. It's just a dare.

♪♫ You changed my whole life

Don't know what you're doing to me with your love

I'm feeling all Super human

You did that to me

Superhuman heart beats in me

Nothing can stop me here with you, super human

Super human

Super human

Super human ♪♫

Yugyeom takes a sip from his cup. He seems... tense. Weird. He gave me his jacket earlier because I'm wearing address and I'll probably get cold. And now he's fanning himself?

He signals me that he's going out. I nod and continue singing. When he's out of sight, I sit down and told them that it's done. I drink water and feel Ella sit beside me.

"Really? You two are done?" she asks straight.

"There was never an 'us'," I clarify.

"Then let's change it, is there something again? Girl, you know I love you but I won't console you again. He's my friend too that's why I let you guys deal with it. If it's that Jinyoung son of a bitch, I can pull his ears off," Dessa interjects. As always, she can hear rumours from across the room.

"It's nothing like that, Dessa. Just eat. I'll just go out for a while."

"Sneaky girl," she mutters before grabbing a handful of fries.

I go out the gardens but Yugyeom is nowhere in sight. I know he really didn't tell me to follow him but I'm a little worried because he seems bothered. I think he's by the gate.

And I'm right.

He's there. Lying unconscious.