Chapter 10

My phone keeps on ringing and I enjoy listening to it. With You is such a sweet song. I remember my playlist is on random so why is this on repeat for like three times already? Unless this isn't my playlist but my ringtone...

Oh my God!

"Hello?"

"You're awake?"

I check the wall clock. 5:30 AM. Who in the world dared to disturb me at 5:30 AM on a Saturday?

"Hello? Gummy? Did you go back to sleep?"

"Who are you and who gave you the right to wake me up?"

"Come on, get up. It's me, Gyeommie. You told me to call you thrice to make sure you're up. This is the third call you answered in the span of an hour."

"WHAT?"

Damn it. How embarrassing!

I grab whatever clothes I have and I'm already on the bus when I fully wake up. God, I didn't even comb my hair properly.

I arrive at school and see Gyeommie, Mark, and JB. Gyeommie and Mark are partners so I guess JB's partner, Reah, will come later. Good thing I'm not the only girl. I'm friends with all these boys but I might get out of place

"You cut your hair?" Gyeommie quickly asks when he notice me so I touch my hair. I've decided to cut my hair instead of my wrist. My hair used to be up to my waist. Now it's hanging above my shoulders.

I don't answer. Gyeommie comes to me and takes my laptop. Okay, that is unexpectedly gentleman of him. And I want to punch Mark Tuan for his grin.

"Get in," Gyeommie opens the backseat of the car for me. I think it's Mark's car.

"Have your moment at the back and don't mind us," JB says before entering the shotgun.

Well here goes the most awkward ride of my life so far.

I almost shriek when a little dog runs to me.

"He must've thought you're a bone," Gyeommie teases as he hugs the dog away from me.

"Then he should've attacked Mark," I say and follow the others on their sofa. The house is big enough since there's only four of them who live there. The room across us has the door half-open so I can see someone on the computer.

"Is that your sister?" I ask and Gyeommie nods.

I suddenly feel conscious. Surely, Gyeommie's sister doesn't know me but I don't know! I feel so shy to see her.

"Hey, Y/N, move. The dog might think you're a bone," Mark says to which I just roll my eyes.

We start making our baby thesis. Well, they've started theirs. They keep on asking me things so I couldn't start ours. Reah and Ella arrive after an hour and starts helping.

"We're good, Gummy. Why don't you work on yours?"

Thank God for their mercy. I open my laptop and wait for the welcome when Gyeommie's dog suddenly jumps on my lap!

"AH!"

My laptop almost fell down and I almost fainted. It's not as if I hate dogs. I just don't like being physically close to animals or even people.

"Hey, stay here!" Gyeommie tells his dog and finally ties it by the door. He goes to my side and probably sees my devastated face.

Blue screen.

"Oh my God..."

I start to feel nervous. All my files are here. Disregard all the pictures, songs, videos, and documents I treasure. Our thesis is here! Our thesis that only needs the conclusion to be finished.

"Wait-"

I pulled out the battery and put it again.

"You should've waited for a while," Gyeommie tells me while sitting on my chair's hand rest.

"It turned blue. It's gone," I just say.

The laptop lights up and I finally cry when I see the screensaver has changed. I typed my password and even the files on my desktop are gone. So no use browsing the libraries.

"Don't you have a back-up on a flash drive?"

I just shake my head and cover my face. God, I hate crying but I'm just really upset about this thesis thing. We haven't had a decent sleep because of this then it will suddenly vanish?

"You'll finish that. Come with me," I feel him holding my arm. I put down my now useless laptop. I couldn't even look at anyone's reaction as Yugyeom pulls me to his room.

"Sit here," he points at the swivel chair in front of his PC. He opens the computer and sits beside me. Air can't literally go between us because we're trying to fit on a one-man-sitter chair.

"You don't have to cry. Search for your topic and I'm sure you remember which sources you used?"

"But Dessa's effort-"

"It's Dessa. She's your best friend. She'll understand. Doesn't she have a back up?"

"No. She just sent me her part and I worked on the rest."

"Then you can start there. Download the files she sent and save it here," he hands me his flash drive.

He doesn't leave my side as I work on the remnants of our thesis. I manage to recover up to the third part. I'll just look for the stuffs I added last night and add the conclusion. Then we're good.

"See, you didn't have to cry," he teases with a small laugh.

"I just felt regretful. I should've saved it somewhere else so I didn't have to start again."

"But you didn't. You already know what to do so it's not like you were back to step one, right?"

"Yea," I say, now with a small smile.

"You're such a cry-baby."

Now I giggle. He ruffles my hair before walking out to go back to the living room. This is one of the few moments that I'm glad I have Yugyeom. I'm starting to believe that he is my perfect complement.