Chapter 16

"Jinyoung? As in Kyla's boyfriend?"

"Ex-boyfriend," I correct Dessa.

"He wants to go out with you?"

I scratch my head before nodding.

"Oh my god, he's hot!"

I slapped Dessa's arm. "What is that supposed to mean? You're shocked because a hot guy is asking me out? Am I that ugly?"

"No! I mean, he just seem... aloof, you know? Like he's out of our league. So how is this possible?"

"How is what possible exactly?"

"How did you become close? How did he confess to you? Do you like him too? Did he really say he wants you to be his girl and all that-?"

"If I tell you I gave him a love potion, would you shut up?"

"Oh, you shut up. Tell me what happened!"

I can only scratch my head. Even I have the slightest idea how it ended up like that. I remember meeting him then suddenly he's following me on every social account I have, liking every post. Then he started chatting me; after a week of consistent messaging, he asks for my number. He never stopped talking to me two weeks after that and soon, he tried calling instead. And after yet another week, he asked me out.

I told you, I don't have the slightest idea.

"Does Kyla know? That bitch will kill you."

I roll my eyes. "Kyla is nice, okay? We just kind of stopped hanging out some time ago but it's not like we're really close in the first place. I only ever see her when she's with the other club members. And besides, they've broken up since July. The rule is only for three months, right?"

"Screw three months! If you love somebody, you still love that somebody! No amount of time can dictate your heart when it should forget. You have to accept it yourself."

"So you think she still loves him?"

"No, actually, I think she's flirting around again so you're safe."

I sigh.

Yes, I opened up my heart for Jinyoung. I hoped that he'd be the one to make happy this time. I didn't know it was addicting. Once you felt the bliss of being in love, you will find yourself trying repeatedly to find it. You'll forget the struggle of moving on because the feeling of someone wanting you makes all the risk worth it.

Jinyoung is sweet. He takes me to my stop every dismissal time. We talk all night over the phone. Even when he's busy studying, he'll put the call on speakerphone so we can talk whenever we want. His friends know me and I had even talked to his sister over the phone.

I think my belief that it's better to be friends first has disappeared. When Jinyoung came, I couldn't say no. He asked me if we can go out and I said okay. It's not as if we're officially together now. I just want to give it a chance.

Oh

Oh. What a surprise.

Yeah, I blocked him after what happened

Yeah, I blocked him after what happened. I removed it when I start feeling closer and closer to Jinyoung.

 I removed it when I start feeling closer and closer to Jinyoung

Ah, in the past. You mean exactly three months ago, jerk. So he has his own three-month rule but instead of finding someone new, he'll be messing up with the old? God damn you.