the southern air temple

Aang- hey angel. Katara- good morning Aang can we talk? Aang looks worried. Aang- sure. Katara- look please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think we should be more than friends not yet. Aang looks hurt but covers it up quickly then smiles. Aang- ok if that's what you want. Katara knows he is upset. Katara- hey don't try to be fake or tough, look I do like you Aang I really do, and yes I want to be with just not yet, we are in a war and you have a job to do, plus I don't think I am ready for a romantic relationship yet, lets not rush into anything ok. Aang- ok but what does this me? You say we can't be together but then you say you like me , what do you expect me to do wait for you? Katara- no but I want you to know I do like you but we are not together so no you don't have to wait for me. Aang- I don't want to hurt you. Katara- then don't lets go eat breakfast. Aang could not help but think was does that mean so am I suppose to wait for her I am so confused how did she go from sleeping with me to we can't be together yet and what does she mean by yet. They eat the Aang wakes Sokka by making him think a snake is in his sleeping bag. Aang- yip yip buddy. Aang goes to apps head and sits down. Katara walks up to follow him. Aang- I got this Katara you just stay back there. Katara is shocked and hurt. Sokka- are you ok? Katara- did he sound mad at me to you? Sokka- no but are you upset because he told you to stay back here or is it something else? Katara- I think he is mad at me. Sokka- I don't want to know do I? Katara- probably not. Sokka- trust your judgment sis so what ever happen I promise not to get mad. Katara- last night Aang and I we kinda slept together but I told him we could not be together cause of the war, that now was not the time. Sokka- well I can see how that could make him mad but I think this would confuse him more than anger, look think of everything he has been through than add this on top of it, how do you think he feels. Katara- hurt, confused, rejected, scared. Sokka- just give him time but you also need to really explain to him why you have said to wait. Katara- thanks Sokka. They arrived at the temple. Aang- we made it Appa we are home. Katara- its beautiful Aang. Sokka- wow. Aang- not as beautiful as you angel. Aang runs off up the path. Sokka- see doesn't sound like he is mad at you. Katara- maybe not. Aang- come on guys. Aang- this is monk gyatso the greatest air bender ever! They stood in front of a statue of him. Aang bows respectfully. Katara and Sokka follow his example. Aang- come on. He leads them down a hall. Aang opens a door and looks inside. The room is mostly dusty and bare a bed a old desk and a pios table. Katara- was this your room? Aang- yes. Katara takes his hand in her's rubbing her thumb across the top of his hand. Katara- its ok Aang come on there more of the temple to see. Aang nods and tries to pull his hand away but Katara refuses to let go giving it a firm squeeze. Katara- don't, don't be that way, don't push me away, you know I care, pushing me away will only hurt us both. Aang- your really confusing me you know. Katara- I am sorry about that but maybe that just shows that now is not the time, we can talk more later. They walk to a large door. Sokka- what's in there? Aang- something I need to see. Aang opens the door with airbending . Katara- statues? Aang- air, water, earth, fire. Katara- the avatar cycle. Sokka- these are all past avatars. Aang- yes. Katara- there are so many. Sokka- something is coming. They hide and look out only to see a flying lemur. Aang- lemur hey little guy. The lemur fly's to Aang. Sokka- what's that its got food where did you get that? The lemur flies away. Aang- I think it is trying to show us. He rains after it. Sokka- wait for me! Sokka rans off. Katara- no thanks I will stay here. Aang - wait up. Aang enters a tent only to see dead firebenders and the body of monk gyatso. Aang- no gyatso! Aang's eyes and tattoos begins to glow. Sokka-  hey Aang oh no. Aang rose into the air, wind blowing hard threatening to blow everything away. Katara sees the eyes of all the statues glow. Katara-  Aang!  Unknown to her this happens in the water tribes, earth kingdom,  and fire nation. Fire sage- alert the fire lord now! Katara-  what happened? Sokka-  he found out that firebenders killed monk gyatso. Katara-  no I will try to calm him down. Sokka-  hurry sis. Katara-  Aang please listen to me i know you loved gyatso,  and I am sorry what happened but you need to stop this, I know how you feel the fire nation killed my mother but your not alone me and Sokka are here for you, we are going to be with you as long as you need or want us, we are your family now and we love you Aang,  I love you!  Aang floats back down beside Katara then fell into her arms. Aang-  I am sorry, you were right I am the last airbender. Katara-  its ok Aang I am here for you. In this moment Aang knew he just knew Katara was the one he loves her. Aang-  thanks Katara. Sokka- come on. They returned to Appa. The lemur flew to them with food. Katara- you made a friend Sokka. The lemur lands on Aang. Aang-  you can come with us little guy. Katara-  what are you going to name him. Aang-  momo, Katara I want you to know that... Katara-  its ok Aang I know,  I want to be with you too. Aang-  but the war is stopping us. Katara-  when this is over we can be together. Aang-  if we survive. Katara-  don't talk like that. Aang-  I am being releastic but I respect your choice but I rather be with you now rather than risk something happening and us not ever be together. Aang climbs on Appa as do the others. Aang-  yip yip. Katara looks sadly at Aang but then smiles. We just need to end this war she thought.