"Lumornel," Aragorn called. I then realized that the fellowship stood a few feet away, minus Boromir and Frodo. Someone new stood with them clad in white. But where is Boromir? Where is the friend I had become so fond of?

"Lumornel," Aragorn called again, "come over here. Quickly now."

I furrowed my brows at him, "no." Why would I go to him? Why does he sound so urgent?

(Pause thy music please)

Turning back to Legolas, I saw him clench a fist and pound it into the soft dirt. Confusion filled me once more, why is he acting like this?

Legolas turned cold eyes to Aragorn. "Don't tell her what to do," Legolas reprimanded, his words sounding like ice.

I turned to him in surprise, "hey. Back off."

He slowly, ever so slowly, turned back to me. And then his eyes were throwing daggers at me.

I flinched with the intensity of the stare. What had become of him?

And then I winced at my sudden movement, my eyes went to the same place Legolas's did; my torso. Red rapidly spreads across my shirt.

"You're hurt," he observed. His voice changed completely, going back to the way he usually sounds. Aragorn and the white robed figure came to my side.

"Yes, blood does tend to mean that, doesn't it?" But then his hands reach out to pull up my shirt.

As soon as I felt the first scrape of his calloused fingers against my skin panic raced in my veins. I batted his hands away.

"I'm fine, Legolas." But obviously I wasn't. I could already feel the dizzy haziness of blood loss. My side tingled with pain. But pain is pain, I can't tell the difference between life threatening agony and normal aches anymore.

"No, you're not." His concerned sea-colored eyes connected with mine. "Why didn't you mention this before?"

Well, for starters, I was preoccupied with other things.

"Stop moving," he hissed.

"I'll stop moving when you stop trying to look at it," I snapped back.

But he didn't stop trying to look. "Please," I begged.

"Lumornel, let us care for you," Aragorn urged. He tried grabbing my arms, but I had practice ripping my limbs away from those who wanted to restrain me.

"I can take care of myself," I sputtered. I tried standing to get away, but my vision turned white and fire seemed to erupt in my torso. My knees buckled and Aragorn caught me, laid me back on the hard ground.

"Please," I begged again. They can't see it, I've kept it a secret for so long. If they see it, then it'll confirm my fear. I don't want all that responsibility on my shoulders.

Legolas shook his head, his tangles swayed around his chest.

No-no, Stop! I wanted to say. I started shaking for a completely different reason.

They can't seethey can'tnoit would mean

My breathing turned shaky with panic and a new type of fright.

And then quicker than I could see, he pushed my shirt up to my ribs. If I wasn't in such a panicked state I would've turned red with so many males around.

He paled at the sight of the gash. I looked down and turned queasy myself. There's so much blood. The viscous substance poured out of me with every one of my breaths. But I was relieved, the blood covered my secret.