Chapter 15

"Hiyah!" I made grunts with each stab and thrust of my daggers. It's slightly hard when you're fighting with daggers and the other person had a sword, but I make do and I'm slowly getting better. Even though Braiglach says that my fighting is practically perfect.

I ducked under the swing of Braiglach's sword in a twirl and raised up and tapped her shoulder with one of my daggers.

I smiled, "I win."

Braiglach sheathed her sword with a sigh, "how have you gotten this good?"

I shrugged and opened my mouth to say something else but a shadow passed over us.

We both looked up to find my 'father', lord Celeborn, standing near us, looking straight at us. His ethereal beauty took up our view.

"Braiglach, you have done well in training her. But I would now like to go up against her in combat."

Braiglach immediately nodded and backed up while I was screaming at her in my head--No! Tell him that we're still training!--but she wasn't a mind reader or anything close to what Galadriel can do.

Celeborn stepped in front of me, bowed his head just slightly, and unsheathed his long sword.

"My daughter, I yearn to see how much of a warrior you have become," he offered my a small smile, with which I did not return.

We circled each other, waiting for one of us to make the first move.

I soon became bored with circling and my nerves got the better of me. I jumped forward, aiming for his shoulder with my blades.

He merely pushed them aside with his sword and swung his leg out so fast I almost didn't see it. But I did see his leg move and I jumped back.

I twirled around and with a jump, I swung out my right arm to nick him in the neck. He ducked, grabbed my arm, and swung me down onto the ground. He raised his sword, but I rolled out of range and jumped up.

I bent down and swung at his legs. He jumped back and went to slice diagonally across the chest. But I jumped clear over him and landed behind him.

I began to get excited, he didn't anticipate this move. I raised my daggers to, again, slice his neck (for all we had to do is draw blood) but he spun around, bent out of the way of my daggers and cut me on my shoulder.

By the Valar, I cursed in my head.

Celeborn put a hand on my shoulder, the unwounded one, "well fought."

I nodded my head, too shy to say what I really wanted to say.

"You have been taught well, my daughter." Celeborn turned towards Braiglach, who had been watching the whole melee and now had a look of awe on her face, "I compliment you, Braiglach, on your training."

Braiglach's face turned red, "hannon lle, Heruamin (thank you, My lord)"

Celeborn responded with a smile, then his gaze returned to me. His expression dropped as he looked at me. I followed his eyes to my shoulder where a red smudge is slowly spreading underneath my white blouse (I'm not wearing my tunic and armor since I'm not out patrolling. My casual wear, such as I am wearing now, is a white blouse with a black belt around the waist, and black trousers.)  Now that I see the cut, well, see the blood through the shirt, I feel it stinging. The pain hasn't exactly set in yet.

Celeborn strode towards me and his fingers flitted over the blood-soaked blouse.

"I must take you to the healer. Forgive me for cutting you so deeply, I did not realize it. I suppose I was just trying to concentrate on the fighting, you are a well-trained warrior," I suppose his words were supposed to make me feel better. But they didn't. They only made me feel worse. He's trying to act like my father, well, I'm sorry Celey, the role of father has already been taken.