Truth or Dare or Drink

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing..." I try to make him disregard my comment. Vincent seems to still be hung up on it, but reluctantly doesn't further question it.

"How was the breakfast burrito? I didn't actually think you'd eat the whole thing when I got it."

"Wait, you got it for me? How would you know I like broccoli and tortilla chips in my burritos?"

"I don't know. Maybe the fact that when we ate breakfast yesterday, you were the only one who didn't get pancakes. You asked about burritos, broccoli, and tortilla chips. It was a lucky guess."

"Anyways, thanks." I look back down at the water and kick around. I didn't even notice that the jets had stopped.

"You drool when you sleep," Vincent smirks.

"What?"

"Yesterday, you drooled on me when I carried you out of the haunted house."

I'm silent and I'm sure my face is beet red. "Sorry," I quietly muster.

"You also sleep talk. Like a lot. I didn't even realize you were asleep until you started saying some weird things."

"What did I say?"

"I'm not going to tell you. I'll blackmail you with it when I need to," he teases.

"Just tell me!"

"No thanks." Vincent gets up and starts walking away.

I quickly get out and follow him. He avoids be by wrapping around the deep end of the pool. I speed up, jogging close to the edge, but my foot, wet from the hot tub, skids into the water. My weight hits the water and a cramp grows through my right foot. Water infiltrates my nose. My hands instinctively goes to my foot and grasps onto it in an attempt to ease the pain.

A wave of water surges towards me and I hear a muted splash. Vincent dives down and grabs onto my waist. With his one arm, he swims up to the surface and towards the edge pf the pool. Once my head pokes out from under the surface, I cough up the water. My nose stings in the back and I can smell the pungent chlorine. I was to occupied with the water up my nose to realize how I was clinging onto Vincent. I have my arms wrapped tight around his neck and my cheek was pressed against his chest as I cough. My wet strands of hair clung to him. Vincent continues to hold me tightly, even though I was already above the water.

"Oh shit, Wendy! Are you alright?" Luke says as he starts swimming towards us. The others follow him except for Vivian and Carson, who stays by her side.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just clumsy." I let go of Vincent, but he keeps his arms around around me. I starts to move away, but the pain pieces through the bottom of my foot, and I wince. Vincent pulls me closer towards him.

"What's wrong, Wendy?" Olivia asks, concerned.

"It's just a small foot cramp."

"Are you sure you didn't sprain your foot?"

"I'm fine. I'll just wait it out and it should be gone."

"Maybe you should go get it check out."

"It's not that serious."

Vincent sweeps me to the shallow end and hoists me up onto the pool's edge. I sit with my feet still dangling into the water. With a single push with his arms, Vincent lifts himself up as well.

"I'll take Wendy back to the room. You guys should stay and hang out." He swoops down and hooks one arm behind my shoulders, and the other around the back of my knees. As Vincent lifts me up, I wrap around his neck in surprise, but quickly let go when Vivian's eyes meet mine. I push my hands against his chest instead.