Truth or Dare or Drink

Start from the beginning

Carson gets excited and jogs up towards Vivian and Vincent. "Yeah, I can teach you."

"I'm trying to learn basic swimming, not how to swim laps competitively!" Vivian giggles, lightly leaning against Vincent's shoulders.

I'm not sure if Vivian's ignoring me on purpose, or that she's too caught up with Vincent, but it stings, my eyes sting. My feet slow down, and I don't bother to try to talk to Vivian anymore.

Once we get to the pool, I find a fairly dry lounge chair and lay down on it. I'm munching on my chips when I suddenly choke. Vincent stands near another lounge chair, peeling off his shirt and tosses it onto the chair. His back muscles flex and the shards of fried potato poke at the back of my throat. I'm embarrassed for no reason, but I quickly gulp down cola to wash down the chips. However, I'm still flustered and my coughs causes me to choke even more on the cola.

Vincent turns around. I hope he didn't noticed that I looked at him. He starts to walk towards me, but Vivian catches him by the arms.

"Come on. You have to teach me how to swim."

Vincent looks back at me, his mouth opens slightly as if he wants to say something. Nothing comes out, and he hesitantly turns around.

Logan has Olivia sitting on his shoulders and Luke had Evelyn on his. Olivia and Evelyn push at each other, trying to make the other topple over. Carson joined Vincent and Vivian, trying to intervene every time Vincent teaches Vivian. My potato chips and cola are gone.

Off to the side to the pool, there are a couple of hot tubs. If I had known there were hot tubs, I probably would've gone through the trouble of buying a swim suit. It's too late now, so I might as well soak my feet. I leave my shoes at the chair and slowly walk towards the hot tubs, careful not to slip on any water. There's a switch on the edge of the tub. I press firmly against it and it clicked into place. The tub immediately starts to bubble. There's a dry spot on the edge, and so I sit on it and slip my feet into the sheets of water. The jets massage my aching soles, and my eyes flutter with sleepiness. I'm unable to fight it and I lean back. I feel the fall coming and flinched to try to sit back up, but I can't. I should've tried to do more curl-ups in gym. Twisting slightly around, I prepare to stop my fall with my hands. Instead of the cement, they hand on a toned stomach. I look up and its Vincent. Why is it always Vincent?

"I had a feeling you would fall asleep," he sighs, holding onto my shoulders and helping me back up.

"You act like I would sleep anywhere," I pout.

"You would."

He's right. I would. I prop myself up and kick the water slightly. Vincent sits down next to me and dips his feet into the hot tub as well. I look up at him in surprise.

"Don't you have to teach Vivian how to swim?"

"Carson has it covered."

I turn to see Vivian swimming away from Carson.

"See? I can swim now. You don't have to teach me anymore," Vivian pleads.

"We should still test your endurance," Carson insists.

"Olivia! Evelyn!" Vivian slides behind them in order to avoid Carson.

Carson seems kind and caring. Plus, he's visually attractive as well. Why does Vivian avoid him like he's some disease? Isn't that too much? Isn't that a bit too cruel? She knows he likes her, but she won't reject him. Isn't it better to reject him than keep allowing him to chase after her only to be constantly ignored?

"I feel bad for Carson," I murmur, the words slipping out of my mouth.

Vincent looks up at me in surprise and confusion.