8. Sealed Orders (1950)

Start from the beginning

We were reformed as a smaller, tighter unit - the SUES were now operating as a ranger unit for special ops in Korea an guess who they put in charge! Under another familiar face of course ... ol Happy Sam himself, now Colonel Sawyer. But out in the field it was my show.

SEALED ORDERS

From the Office of Special Operations. Sub set US Ranger Command.                     October 1950

Re: Sergeant redacted redacted - former member US Army. Retired. By order of the OSO Sgt. redacted redacted is hereby reinstated and promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant. 

Priority transportation to be given to the officer mentioned in this dispatch. Lt. redacted to report to the offices of Col. redacted in Busan.

The Lieutenant is to immediately assemble his squad and proceed to coordinates ... redacted located within five miles of the current front near the town of redacted. The following superhuman or otherwise costumed operatives are believed to be present and working for the communists. They are to terminated without prejudice if possible and any operations the North Koreans, Chinese or their Russian allies are planning,  must be stopped using any means possible.

The Red redacted - Note. This operative is believed to be a different individual to the original nazi agent who frequently clashed with redacted redacted alias Captain redacted during the last war. The Captain's second replacement redacted redacted fought a Red redacted imposter a few years ago. The operative here present could be that individual.

Baron redacted - another former nazi of British noble birth, it is believed that the baron was resurrected following his defeat by Prince redacted, the redacted redacted in the mid 1940's.

Comrade redacted. No known intel on this individual.

The redacted. Active in the battle for Stalingrad back in the last war. It is believed this individual possesses ursine strength similar to his namesake.

redacted. Claims to be the long lost daughter of Russia's last Tsar. Regardless of her origins this operative is not to be underestimated - believed to have been a graduate of the redacted Room and possesses lethal fighting and espionage skills.

Steel redacted. Superhuman strength and durability. Advise he be left to Prof. redacted redacted aka The Blue redacted who is currently our heavy hitter and can match Steel redacted power for power.

Signed General. redacted redacted.

REUNION

When I walked inta the commissary, kit bag over my shoulder, it was like old home week, except now I was a shavetail looey an the SUES ranking field officer. So of course they treated ol FT with the utmost respect...

'Hey, look who it ain't. The Sarge.'

'Father Time, ya sunnava gun!'

'Shaddap,' I growled back at my old buddies. 'An getcher eyes tested Foster. Ya missed my brand spankin new silver bars.'

'Well hot damn!' Bob Strong responded. 'I guess there's a shortage of real officer material in this here man's army.'

'Stand ta attention when ya speak to an officer. Alla ya's goldbricks, quit yer slouchin an straighten up those shoulders.'

'Jus like old times eh Sar ... er Lootenant.' Flash Foster grinned. 'Say, if we'd known you was comin' we'dve baked a cake eh guys?'

I gave em my best grimace and growled some more, just as pleased ta see them as they were me.