"Sparky?"

"Hmm??"

"I got you something..."

"Again?"

I got up from my lying position, propping myself on my elbows. The corners of his lips were curled up in a secret smile, and on his open palm were two silver chained necklaces. Each had half a cracked heart.

"Wow. These are amazing."

"Thanks."

I pulled my hair to one side as he clasped the necklace onto my neck. The silver half-heart caught the light of the sun and glinted. It went with my ring.

/two weeks later/

"Babe, look what I got you..."

"Hmm... you're still getting me stuff?"

My neck was getting heavy with necklaces, my wrists felt tired from carrying multiple bracelets and I'm running out of fingers for promise rings.

However, instead of revealing a ring or necklace or anklet or bracelet or whatever, he unfolded a piece of paper to reveal a poster...

...for getting piercings and tattoos. What. His lips were spread into a wide grin, and for the first time ever I noticed how glossy his blue eyes looked. If caught in just the right lightning, he looked almost... crazy.

"Piercings? And tattoos? Tell me you're joking."

"We can get matching belly button piercings and heart tattoos. We'll be inked together forever."

"But... I don't think I want something lasting that long on me..."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm not saying anything except I don't want to do it."

"Don't you love me?"

"Aus, don't pull the love card on me dammit."

"You don't want to do this because you think we won't last!"

My ears burned, and my fists were clenched tight. I wasn't sad, I was pissed. Austin is getting on my nerves.

"Austin."

"I hope you're apologizing."

"We're over."

I tuned out his gasp, wails, sobs, pleas of forgiveness and whatever, and left.

Only when I reached the safety of my bedroom did I let the tears streak down my face.

/two days later/

I jiggled my foot uncomfortably and impatiently. Earlier today during lunch I lost my wallet. I got a text from Tyler (yes Tyler Allen) saying he has my wallet.

I responded with my gratitude and he promised to meet me in the library after to school to return it.

It's been six minutes since the bell rang and I know I should be more patient but I. Am. Bored.

Finally, the library doors burst open an Tyler came in, blue cotton shirt ironed, jeans loose and nike shoes scruffy. His eyes brightened when he spotted me, and clutched safely in his left hand was my wallet.

Just as I made a grab for it, he jerked his arm away, and made tutting noises.

"Someone told me you have a crush on me."

"Had. Past tense, h-a-d. Please give me my wallet back." I lied.

"Okay... in trade for a kiss and a date you'll get your wallet back."

I stared at him for a few seconds, from the dimples on his cheeks to his perfect pearly whites. He stole my wallet.

Suddenly I decided I don't like him any more. His messy hair needed to be combed and the supposedly smart looking glasses hooked on his shirt collar had greasy lenses.

I opened my mouth to respond and shut it immediately at Tyler's expectant and smug expression. I snatched the wallet out from his had and made a run for the exit, before he could do anything.

Just as I was about to shut the doors, I looked back over my shoulder and tossed him a mock sweet smile.

"Have a nice day Tyler!"

And then muttered "dumb bitch" under my breath.

I felt more and more powered with every step I took. And when I entered Starbucks to order a drink I noticed a guy sitting on a sofa nearby wink at me. When I got my drink I winked back, but left before he could pull any more moves on me.

My Sidekick made a beeping noise, and I unlocked it to read my new text message.

From: Tyler

To: Sparky

Time: 15:34

Hey, that was a bad impression I gave you earlier... I'm sorry about that.

-Ty

A moment later I got another text:

From: Tyler

To: Sparky

Time: 15:35

Also I know about Austin, tough luck.

-Ty

Suddenly, I remembered Natalie. Bitch. She has a new boyfriend now but I doubt she'll be too excited the person she despises is with her ex.

To: Tyler

From: Sparky

Time: 15:36

I forgive you. What were you saying about a kiss and a date?

-S

/lol/

Hope you guys enjoyed this one, cuz I had tons of fun writing it. I know it has nothing to do with the story, but if you remember earlier Sparky mentioned a promise accessory obsessed boyfriend... well here you go.

:)