Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke to Satan drawing patterns on my cheeks. He watched me intently with his mesmerizing blue eyes and wrapped his arms around me, I was pulled into an embrace smelling of sandalwood and something spicy. Satan sat up and stumbled over to the telephone in his boxers and t-shirt, he dialed a number on the keypad then held the phone up to his ear. I sat up and adjusted my white lacy nightdress before running my fingers through my hair, depriving it of knots. Satan laughed at the voice on the other end of the phone before handing it to me. A shrieking voice sounded from the speakers, inaudible.

"Hello." I yawned as I placed the phone to my ear. "Rosalie Simmons speaking."

"Rosalie Simmons how dare you!" May screamed.

"How dare I what?" I asked cluelessly and pushed the sheets off of me. "I haven't done anything."

"Satan is cheating on me, but with someone I know." May hissed. "You."

"Uh, May, are you delusional?" I laughed and widened my eyes before turning to Satan. "Look at me! I'm an orphan with freaking red hair! Ugly as sin."

She's onto us, I mouthed at Satan.

Crap, he mouthed back.

"Orphans get pity!" May shrieked. "I saw you two kissing last night! I returned to collect a sketch for my new wedding dress and you two were conoodling!"

"May, shut up." I sighed. "Will you please calm down!"

"I love Satan! How can I shut up? We're getting married!" May yelled.

"May, please. I'll explain." I begged but Satan took the phone from me.

"I kissed her, May." Satan said softly. "If you have a problem, it's with me."

I placed my face in my hands and stood up from the bed. I will not cry! As Satan tried to talk to May, I walked to the window and threw open the shutters. A cool breeze settled over me as I stared into the horizon at the pink streaked sky. The trees swayed side to side in the cool breeze and then I saw people burst through the trees. They were in heavy armor and were carrying a verity of weapons. My eyes widened and I turned I face Satan. He dropped the phone with May screaming curses at him. I ran into his arms and gasped.

The war was coming!

"Rosalie, I want you changed and have a few weapons ready. We'll have to fight them, hurry!" Satan whispered in my ear and pushed me towards the wardrobe keeping my clothes.

"Satan, don't get yourself killed!" I begged and opens the wardrobe.

When I turned, he was already gone...

~•~

I slid my sword into its sheath before running downstairs. In my black tunic, leather leggings and cloak I could move freely. As I got to the kitchen, I noticed Satan was there in all black clothes with a heavy leather jacket and boots along with a bow and arrow. He slid an arrow into place and poised it to fly, I held my arms out in surrender.

"Oh, Rosalie! It's just you!' Satan moved the weapon down.

"Just me?" I asked with my voice rising up an octave. "Just me?"

"In a good way." Satan assured. "Hurry up, we've got to run."

"What side is it?" I asked wearily.

"The Dark."

"Oh..."

"And the Light."

"What?" I gasped and ran to the window to stare at the sides throwing magic around and screaming. "I'll need my pendant."

"Where is it?" Satan groaned.

"In the bread keeper." I nodded towards it and found Satan fixing the clasp around my neck in a hurry. "Thanks."

"COME ON!" Satan begged and threw open the door.

A guy from the light side ran towards us, building up a ball of magic. She screamed and chucked it at me with hate. Satan released an arrow and it landed in our attacker's chest. I gulped and jumped out of the way of the magic, it hit the tree behind me. Smoke hissed off of it. A putrid smell of sulphur and lemons filled the air as powers hit and sizzled. I looked up at the sky and saw it turning dark purple.

'Come on! Rose, we'll have to go through the forest!" Satan called and pulled me through the trees.

I followed him, leaves crunched under my feet as I ran. My heart thumped loudly and short pants past through my lips, man I was out of shape. Gulping in another breath helped as we increased our speed. I heard people engaging on us, an arrow flew by my head. Satan turned around and let another arrow fly, this time covered in fire. I turned to face our perusers, a man fell to the ground and burst into a group of baby crows. The woman and her other man gasped and let their magic fly at us.

"You're the reason this has started!" She screamed, I saw that her magic was not black or red like the Dark. It was gold, she was part of the Light.

"Me?" I gasped and drew four daggers from my knee-high leather boots. "I'm not that big of a deal!"

I threw the first dagger at her and ducked as her man threw a ball of magic. "You are!" Her partner screamed and threw more magic at Satan. "You are the prophet! The reason we Light fight."

"Prophet?" I whispered.

"The one who is destined to be on both sides and restore harmony! You will choose is though." He frowned. "I'm Quell, Scarab's assistant."

"Urgh!" I screamed. "I'm sick of everyone telling me what the Hell to do."

"Rosalina Roland Simmons." Quell sighed. "You can come with me willingly or not."

"I'm not Rosalina."

"Then, whom are you?"

"Rosalie Simmons, is whom she is." A voice hissed.

I saw a woman step through the trees with a venomous look. Her long black hair tumbled past her waist and her milky skin was unmarked. She had dark red lips and a green velvet dress. Her green eyes flecked with purple glared at me and she batted her long lashes. Satan fell to his knees in front of her and cried out in pain, she had he hand curled into fists. I placed my arms across his shoulders and whispered a painkilling spell into his ear. He fell to the floor and gulped before the woman crouched in front of him with a sneer.

"Hello, baby. Did you miss me?" She whispered into my ear.

"Get off of me!" I hissed and pushed her to the dirty ground. "Leave him alone!"

"What?" She smirked.

"I said leave him alone!" I screamed and drew my powers from my hourglass pendant.

The glittering green swirls coiled into a ball of humming magic before I released it at the woman. She held out her hands and cupped it around the ball before throwing it back at me. It hit me in my chest, sending me flying back against a tree. I hit my head and looked up at the horrid person.

"Hello, Rosalie." The woman smiled.

"Who are you?" Quell quivered.

"I'm Rosalina, Rosalie's mother."

...