Chapter Five

Chapter Five

••••••••••••••••

I woke on the floor of my library with May crying over me and a guy asking me if I was okay.

Now... Let me remember what happened.

Ah! I tried to raise Satan.

I'm such a stupid girl.

"Ugh! Did I do it?" I asked May.

"Yep." May nodded and wiped her tear streaked face.

"Hello, I'm Satan." The man waved.

"What?!" I snorted. "You don't look so scary."

"Hmm? And your definition of scary is?" He asked smugly. His blue eyes gleamed, I bit my tongue.

"Calm down, Satan." May frowned and looked at me. "I thought you were dead you fool!"

"Yeah, well. Next time I'm asked to do a job like this tell me no." I sighed and sat up frowning. "Ah!" I grimaced as a pain shot up my arm.

"You've broke it." May shrugged and very gently touch a think diamond encrusted stick to the inside of my arm. It was her wand. "Here, this should fix it."

The magic tickled my skin as it made a pattern of interlocking circles. I watched it amazed, Satan picked up a book from my table and read it. With a sigh I flicked my wrist and green swirls surrounded the book so he couldn't open it.

"That's mine and mine only!" I shook my head and realised that May was finished.

"There, baby-doll." May grinned and patted my arm.

"You know, you have two personalities!" I giggled and stood up. "Now Satan... No touching anything I tell you you cannot touch. You are not allowed to help yourself to anything unless I tell you and most importantly, don't touch any of the Light books or you'll burst into ashes." I folded my arms across my chest then took the book from Satan's hands. "Is that clear?"

"Crystal." Satan smiled. His face lit up when he did. "You can call me Lucifer."

"I prefer Satan thank you." I grinned.

"Cool." Satan grinned back.

"I'm going to go, Satan. Do as Rosalie says and for God's sake do not leave the damn house!" May waved us goodbye then snapped her fingers and was gone. "I'll return tomorrow for us to prepare our wedding."

"I hate that word." Satan murmured.

"What? God?" Satan winced as I said it. "Okay. What do you want for supper?"

"Uh, chicken?" Satan suggested.

"Good choice." I frowned. "I thought you would have said 'fresh souls' or something."

"Nah, I had that yesterday." Satan laughed.

I had no clue if he was kidding or not.

~•~

"Damn it!" I hissed and dropped the veg into the pot of boiling water.

"Did you burn yourself?" Satan asked me and frowned.

"Yeah, don't worry though. I do it all the time." I laughed and blew on my burnt fingers.

"You'd get used to it if you lived in Hell." Satan grinned and ran his hand through his fringe.

"Is it really blazing pits of fire with wandering souls and all that sort of crap?" I asked and stirred the veg round with a wooden spoon.

The steam rose into the air and I smiled to myself. My gramophone was playing a Frank Sinatra song from the living room. I nodded my head in time to the music and sighed... Why couldn't my life be forever this great? Satan got up and began chopping up chicken for me and sang along to the song. I giggled at him which made him laugh, his eyes sparkled.

"Okay, Frank Sinatra!" I shook my head.

"I knew him." Satan said in deep thought.

"Hmm?" I laughed and pointed my spoon at him. "You knew him? Were you possessing someone?"

"Maybe..." Satan grinned.

"Hmm?" I repeated and began stirring the veg again. "You are one messed up dude."

"Not really when you get to know me, will you get to know me?" Satan asked me and looked up from cutting the meat.

"Cut the damn chicken, Satan." I laughed.