Chapter Six

Chapter Six

••••••••••••••

I stared at Satan from across the table, he was eating the chicken he had cut up along with the white rice and veg I had boiled. He looked up every so often, deep in thought, but then turned back to his meal. Biting back the questions I wanted to ask, I ate my food in a hurry burning my tongue in the process. Satan's eyes sparkled with something, his perfect lips twisted. All of his chiseled features were perfect, I guessed it was a perk of being Demon Lord.

"Are you done?" I asked Satan curiously when he began playing with his veg.

"No, it's just..." Satan muttered.

"What?" I asked and realized right away. "You've never had vegetables before have you?"

"No..." Satan hung his head ashamed.

"Try them, you'll like it."

So he ate the veg.

I felt less hungry so I placed my fork down by a pile of carrots. Satan reached across the table to take them from my plate, without thinking I jammed my steak knife between his hand and my plate. His expression was amused and his lips were twisted up into a charming smile. I glared at him with my heart pumping under my corset and peasant blouse.

What the Hell did I just do?

I'll admit that I'm not the brightest but I never hurt anyone for leaning across a table! God, my Dark nature is getting worse...

"Satan! I'm so sorry, I don't know what possessed me!" I gasped and pulled the knife from the table.

"Don't worry yourself!" Satan laughed at me. "Maybe it was my dreamy eyes?"

"Your eyes are dreamy-" I cut off when I realized what I had said. "Oh CRAP I'm terrible!"

"Ha!" Satan laughed at me again.

"I'm going to bed." I muttered.

"No, please stay. I enjoy your company, you do not complain as much as I thought you might."

I bit my lip and placed the steak knife gently onto my plate. As I stood up, I noticed that my blouse was displaying my cleavage a little too much. Satan stared at me with a flirtatious smile and I felt my cheeks redden. Very carefully I pulled my blouse up and tightened the strings so my cleavage was not on show. Clearing my throat I piled the plates on top of each other and walked into the kitchen that was smelling of a horrible scent, salty and metallic.

Blood.

A feathered body caught my attention on the chopping board, I slowly walked over to it and noticed what it was. A dead bird, decapitated on my chopping board with it's insides on show. I screamed and the plates I was holding clattered to the ground, they smashed at my feet and a hand flew over my mouth making my screams muffled. Yet I continued to scream. A thin trickled of blood dripped onto my shiny linoleum floor and splattered there.

"Shh!" Satan hissed into my ear.

"Arrrgghhhh!" I screamed and bit his hand.

Satan cursed and dropped his hand from my mouth."You are a little bi-"

"You killed a bird!" I yelled at him and backed away to the other end of the kitchen.

"No, I haven't touched the damn bird." Satan hissed.

"Then why the HELL do I have a dead bird on my chopping board?!" I screamed.

"Um, by any chance to you own a Wilder?" Satan asked me and looked me in the eye.

"Yes, his name is Starr." I frowned even though anger was bubbling up inside of me.

"They eat birds." Satan sighed.

"Oh crap," I gasped and felt my head feel empty as if all I knew was wiped clean.

"Yeah."

"Oh," I fell to the floor in a heap and went unconscious.