Chapter Three.

Chapter Three

•••••••••••••••••

I began to light the candles that were scented heavily of sulphur. A dark chill coursed down my back and I shivered despite the heat from burning candles and my heavy woolen cloak. A sharp knock echoed through the house and I whipped round in the direction it came from. I blew out my match and dropped it in the bin on the way to the door. May stood in a pink chiffon dress with the wind blowing it behind her. The tall diamond crown glinted on her blonde head, I wish I had hair like that instead of cherry red hair that I was born with. May lifted her hand in a sign of greeting then glided through the door. Quickly I waved my hand so my hair was wavy and brushed along my my teeth. May lifted her delicate nose into the air and glared at me, her top lip curled upwards in disgust.

"You've had Scarab here." May sniffed.

"He visited me, yes. You ask because?" I answered truthfully and then lifted my hand to my eyes, an old way of trust on the Light side.

"He is forbidden to enter the forest for your safety. His powers are growing stronger day by day." May whispered to herself like a mad woman.

"Um... Do you want tea?" I asked clueless.

"Yes, please." May looked up at me terrified. "Did I tell you of why I am raising Satan?"

"No," I shook my head and made my way into the kitchen with May trailing behind

"Yes. Well, I am going to marry him." May gulped and flung herself onto the nearest chair. "I need protection on the Light side. You see there has been mutters of an uprising against me."

My mouth dropped open.

"Yes well Satan and I have talked over an Exorcist he had possessed years ago. He told me of the uprising and that I would need to marry someone with power." May's voice betrayed no hint of emotion.

"You agreed to this?" I gasped and poured the boiling water onto the counter by accident. I snapped my fingers so a dainty china cup appeared and the water sat in the cup. "Do you want a particular type of tea?"

"Red berry please."

I plopped a tea-bag into the cup and stirred it with a spoon I had just made appear. May rubbed her temples with her fingers then sighed. I turned to face her. She threw a glare at me. I turned back to the cup of tea then brought it to the impatient princess. She pushed the cup away and looked up at me.

"I asked for Green Tea." May snapped at me.

"No, you didn't." I sighed. "But I'll change it for you." I held my fingers just above the liquid and made a circular motion and the red tea swirled away into green. "There you go."

"Hmpf!" May folded her arms across her chest then stood up.

"Yes?" I asked a little cheekily.

"Set up the raising, so I can leave soon." May stormed out of the kitchen in a rage for no apparent reason.

"Prepare the raising! I'm marrying Satan, blah blah blah!" I muttered and made talking motions with my fingers.

"ROSALIE! NOW!" May shouted.

"COMING!" I called as sweetly as I could... God, it would be a long day...