Chapter 9 - I am Sorry

"It's 2025 and life is good, I distance myself from everyone that knew. I wanted a fresh start. Every so often I would call my brother so he won't go crazy and think I was dead, {long story for another day}. My grandparents were happy with the idea of me leaving so they help fund my first restaurant under their business name and now I have five branches in five different continents. I did not use my real name because of course I did not want to be remembered as my pass self. My business name was Angeline, because it meant everyone would call my Angel as my nickname which of course reminded me of Jay, I missed him. Diary I hope today goes well. I am visiting my restaurant in Paris today, there is said to be a music festival so I should have a nice vacation before my board meeting.

DATE: March 21st 2025"

I closed my diary and got out of the car which had dropped me at the entrance of my Paris restaurant. My restaurant's name was 'Amami Ora' which literally translated from Italian meant 'love me now'. It was my first branch I felt proud to be here. I busted through the door and insistently greeted by fans, food critics and workers. I felt flushed and over joyed. My restaurant had grown. I was however here to enjoy myself so I immediately stated, "I am very sorry but today I would be in the kitchen with my workers so I hope you enjoy the food," I concluded and put on an apron and heading in to the kitchen. I told my workers to treat me as an equal, even though I knew they won't. It felt good to be here again. When Sam entered the kitchen he was shocked and happy to see me. Sam was a friend from my university and the co-owner of this restaurant. He was my first worker and my number one fan. He was gay however so we did not hock up. His husband was one of our servers. He was the only one who treated me as his equal. It was fun.

The day went well; he invited me to tag alone with him and Matthew, his husband, to attend the evening show for the music festival. In the heat of the moment I forgot I had a board meeting in the morning so I agreed. We firstly had stop off where I lived so I could change into more appropriate clothes. They were shocked that I had clothes for a fun time. They would always tease me about that. I hated being away from this happiness, no attachments, just happiness. We walked from my hotel to the festival since it was only a few streets away. I had fun , drinking , being just an adult, till I heard they say " coming up next the Hollow, please welcome Hollow to the stage!" the MC of the night shouted. I screamed in the heat of the moment but when I heard that voice on the microphone, my mind became conscious again. I had to get out of there, even though I was fully clothed, I felt naked. Sam and Matthew picked up on my behaviour and guided me through the coward, but that did not help because every step I took forward, I felt more and more people push me to the front. When I was in visible sight, that anyone on the stage could see me, I got out my ID and showed it to the officers on duty. I used my status to get me back stage. I told Sam and Matthew they could stay and enjoy themselves but I wanted to leave.

Before I could, I saw here Elizabeth, she recognized me because she walked straight up to me.

"What are you doing?" she questioned.

"Don't worry I am leaving now," I replied.

She shook her head in agreement that I should leave.

"Lizzy, Lizzy!" I heard that voice shout.

I paused in my movement.

"What are doing off the stage?" Elizabeth questioned.

"The people are so drunk that they don't even know it a recording playing," he joked

I saw his smile in the corner of my eye. I smiled at myself.

"I am happy you found happiness," I muttered under my voice before, moving again.

I felt his eyes lay upon me, as I walked away. My heart wanted to shout, I love you, but instead I kept quiet and though, "happy birthday my Love, hope you enjoy it."