Chapter 8 - I am Human

It's been 24 hours and my brother just told me, he is getting married. I know I should be happy but I feel so much jealousy in my heart. I want to speak to JJ but he is so busy and I don't want to be seen as annoy. I got fed up of being hurting myself and JJ. I tore a piece of paper out of my diary.

Dear Jay,

I know this may come to a shock but I have to leave. I don't want to give you he line it's not you , it's me but it's me this time. You are an excellent musician and will be for the rest of your life. This is your life, live it to the best. I wish I had the guts to do this to your face but I could not bear seeing you cry. They say home is where your heart is, so you will always have my heart but I can't keep yours. I will only hurt you and myself, and I chose to stop hurting you. Jay I do love you but I need you to forget me. Find love; find happiness, the happiness I could never give you.

This is good bye for us both, please don't look for me.

Penelope.

I folded the letter and sealed it with a kiss. I left it on his desk. I would soon come to learn he never received this letter, because the cleaning maid thought it was fan mail. I knew he would look for me so when I heard he came to Dandelions looking for me, I thought I would give him a push in the right direction. I sent my oldest friend Elizabeth his way. When I was in high school I tutored Elizabeth in English and mathematics. She was head cheerleader and need the extra help to stay on the team. When my mother died and I was uprooted form my home, we stayed in contact with each other. She was my inside source to the life in Dandelions.

We became best friends. She told me once that the reason she bullied me in high school because she had a crush on Jay so I thought that this would be the perfect time for to rekindle a love story I got between.

She would keep me posted on Jay's adventures and life. She made him happy. That made me happy. In return she kept him off my scent all these years. One day I received a letter in my mailbox from Jay, I messaged her insistently inquiring if he had found out where I was. She said she found it in the bin addressed to me. This is how I received all these letters. My friend soon stopped talking to me because I knew she had read some on these letters I had received. Even though I still kept her up to date with my location so I would never be in the same place with Jay.

On January 17th 2024 I received a two letters instead of one. One of course was form Jay but the other was surprisingly from Elizabeth herself. It wrote,

"Dear Penelope,

I am writing to let you know that even thought I don't reply to your text, I still receive yours. O would keep him away from you, not because of you but because I love him and don't want him to get hurt by you again. He is doing well as he would state in the letter he has sent but know it's a lie. He says he loves me but he would never love me the way he loved you. I only ask you one favour, is to never reply to any of these letters, please. I can heal him over time but he need to get over you first.

Yours Respectfully

EK"

I kept my promise, I never replied to any of his letters. For we are only human after all it's up to us to choose what we do and I choose to let you live, Jay.