Chapter 10 -Goodbye

Feelings? Why do we have them you ask? Well let me tell you if I knew then I won't be drowning now.

1 day before

"Dear Diary,

It's my regular monthly broad meeting and of course that meant seeing the devil and his wife, my grandparents. Ahhhh! I want to scream every time I see them. I await the wicked family arrival....."

KNOCKING

"Sorry to disturb Miss Angeline but there is someone here to see you, he says it's very important," I was disturbed by my secretary. I closed my diary and proceeded with the following words, "let them in."

"Hello baby sis!" my big brother busted through my office door.

"Ammm, ammm, what are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Well grandma told me you would be here for your board meeting, Miss Angeline you are called now, hmmm?" he rudely remarked.

"Well I don't like people knowing my real name, okay!" I exclaimed back.

"No need to bite my head off, but what's the last name?" he asked in a slyly voice.

"Don't you have someone teeth to fix?" I remarked.

"Sadly no, Lynn is about to have our first baby, surprise!" he sang.

"OMG! That's amazing, I am happy for you," I remarked without having to fake a smile. I don't know why but I was truly happy.

"I know, so I have the whole week off because she is going to pop any moment," he said so happily.

I love his smile; it always made me want to smile too.

"So where are you staying, I hope not with the 'evil ones'?" he said making quotation marks in the air.

"One would think you were the child being born, but no I am at a hotel," I replied.

"No no, that won't be accepted, you must come and stay with Lynn and I, grandma and grandpa, brought us this huge house, you have your own space. Come on you know you are always welcome," he suggested.

"You are about to welcome a baby and don't want to be an invading yall space," I quickly replied.

"Come on you would love it, and too you not invading, you will cook for us while you stay," he said evilly.

"You think I am a free maid?" I said raising an eyebrow.

I missed these interactions but I could not possible stay I was not cured.

"Sorry to disturb Miss Angeline but the board is ready," we were interrupted by my secretary.

"Thank for the offer but I must decline," I told my brother.

"At least let me walk you to your meeting," he spoke.

I nodded in agreement. As we neared closer to the meeting room, I was shock to see my brother enter with me and take a seat around the table. I later learn that he had become a member of my shareholder; he did not attend our regular meeting across the globe because of his occupation and wife. "He is one sly dog, my brother," I thought to myself. After the meeting had concluded, I headed back to my office since my brother seemed occupied talking to our grandparents.

Before I could properly sit in my chair my grandparents came busting through my office door.

"Nice to know, you all still don't know how to knock," I remarked.