Chapter 2 -Am I cured?

"Dear Dairy,

Today my brother brought home his first university girlfriend. She pretty.......nice, great personality; similar to him. She was brown in colour, had ocean blue eyes and hair that reminded me of JJ's cat. I did not feel jealous one bit, other unlike time my brother dated Mandy Courtsign. She was my brother's high school girlfriend, who is currently repeating high school because well of course she is a BITCH! Dairy, does this mean I am cure? Really do hope so because I am starting to develop feelings for this new boy in my school.

DATE December 20th 2016."

I closed the dairy and processed to lie down in bed. I sudden heard, 'knocking' at my door. "Hey, Penny it's Demetri, can I come in?" I heard a familiar voice proclaim.

"Sure come in, it's always open," I replied greedily.

I was surprise by this strange encounter but I felt most happy by it. My ears were once full with the musical voice of my brother's tone deep sound. I heart beat rapidly increased, I felt butterflies everywhere.

We caught up on lost time. He told me that I would be great at university and that he was proud to hear that I was doing well on my own while he was away. I always loved when he complemented me. I felt like his little PRINCESS. He kissed me good night like always on my forehead. I wish he didn't though. It always would me feel like a child.

The feeling of jealously ran through my veins, for there it was that feeling I tried to submerged for months. It had to return. There was no escaping it, for once my brother was near me I would always feel this way. I had to get away.

I spent the rest of the Christmas vacation with Jay and his family, my brother texted and call asking why I had left but I just lied and said I promised JJ, that I would have spent Christmas with him. This was the first Christmas I spent away from my brother.

School year begins January 3rd 2017

Today I was awake by the weirdest text ever.

"Hey, boo watch outside your window!! love your favourite person in the world."

What in the world could JJ have up his sleeves today? I was surprised to see him next to a red Honda CR-V 2016 model. He got his license last year September and begged his parents for a car. He always spoke of getting a red car since it was my favourite colour.

"OMG!!!" I shouted.

"Hurry up and get dress late bird so I can drop you to school!" he exclaimed with joy.

I love my best friend so much, maybe as much as I love my brother. I hurriedly got dress; my mother was not even awake when I left the house. I left a note.

"Bye mommy enjoy your day at work, Jay is got his car so don't worry about me getting to school no. don't work too hard. Love Penelope..." The drive to school was more fun than I expected. I thought of my brother only once during the drive but JJ was a good friend who knew how to make me feel 'NORMAL'. My day was booming with happiness and freedom. I felt CURED, but the universe disagreed with my happiness.

About third period going into break I got a phone call from my mother assistant that she had a heart attack on w0ork and was being hospitalized. I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. When I got there I saw my uncle Hose, my mother's older brother, and her only other relative beside my brother and I. her parents disowned her when she agreed to marry my father because of his race. Only when my brother was born did they speak to her, and because I was born brown, and not of their colour I was not allowed to see them. My brother disliked them and told them if they did treat me equally as they did him, he would stop visiting.

When they disagreed, he stopped visiting them.

Hours passed and they would not let us see her. I was scared. JJ called a few times when I was fed up with the ringing, I finally answered. I explained what happened, he asked if I was okay. If I wanted him to come but I lied and said I would be fine. That some of my relatives were here. He knew I was lying because in under an hour he had pulled up and brought Chinese. I felt relieved to have him with me. The next morning, Demetri and the cat faced Bitch arrived. I was glad to see Demetri but not happy at all to see her.

"Dear Diary,

God I know you are deaf because ever time life throws me a bone because you steal it and give it away to another dog. Why did this have to happen to my brother? Today wore a dress for the first time in thirteen years. You took one when I was five and now at 16. Why me, my brother wrote a beautiful eulogy as always shining bright at moments like this. I hid away because I saw all the fake people who came only to pass judgement on my amazing mother. I hate you, life! You took my family and made me weird. Why? Why? My brother is now my legal care-taker. I can't live with him in his dorm. I would end up having to live with the people that hate me the most for who my father was, my grandparents. They might make me leave my school. I might never see JJ again. What I going to do? So diary is you happy, I can't be cured.

DATED January 7th 2017 ps. happy birthday daddy