Chapter 68- Mine? Forever?

Start from the beginning

I smiled lightly then gently ruffled her hair from the back side of her head asking while looking at the content on the notebook.
"How much is left?"

She sighed a little speaking while stretching her arms.
"A lot. I've just started."

"Do you need my help?"

She smiled a little pressing my hand softly pointing towards my room.
"No, it's okay. I'll be fine. You have to go office tomorrow. Go to sleep."

Saying that she again started working on her laptop. I stood up immediately and walked towards my room. I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and went outside. I placed the pillow on the rug and rested my head on it close to her then covered myself with blanket. She looked at me in confusion and muttered in a low tone.

"I told you to sleep."

I nodded my head slowly and answered back smiling sheepishly.
"That's exactly what I am doing."

She sighed at that then turned completely towards me pulling my hand in order to make me get up.
"Enrique... your back will ache. What are you doing? Go and sleep in the room."

I kept lying there unaffected not moving from my place even an inch. Instead I grabbed her hand in return and placed a kiss on the back side softly.

"I am fine here."

She narrowed her eyes at me and spoke in a final tone.

"If you think I'll sleep later here with you then you're highly mistaken. I don't want to have a sore back. I have a presentation to do tomorrow."

I simply mumbled.
"Okay."

Finding me unamazed she shrugged her shoulders and spoke as nonchalantly as she could one more time to make me change my mind.

"I am serious. I am going to leave you here and sleep in the room."

I just nodded my head in return. To which she again focused her attention on the screen muttering under her breath.
"So stubborn."

I smiled at that then closed my eyes. I slept for five hours and when I woke up I saw her lying beside me head on my chest snuggling up close to me one arm wrapped loosely around my torso. Her scent always made me insane. I saw laptop and books arranged on the table. A smile crept over my face. So in the end she decided to sleep here with me.

Hahaha so cute! She always does this. She could've left me here but she didn't. I knew how much she hated sleeping anywhere except her bed. I removed some loose strands off her face then pushed the blanket aside from both of us. Then picked her up slowly one hand around her shoulders and the other under her knees. I walked towards her room and placed her head gently on the pillow covering her with blanket lying close to her.

God what did I do to deserve her!

.................................................................

Days were passing by peacefully. It was insanely satisfying coming back to her at the end of the every single day and to make it everlasting I decided something. It was time. Or at least that's what I thought.

I told her to go with me to visit mom and dad and she was way more excited than me running towards her room the next second to get ready.

Hahaha so damn adorable.

After we reached there I started talking with dad and mom took Natalie upstairs. I wanted to tell him too but he was running late for a business lunch so I decided to talk to him later. I climbed the stairs checking each room and there I found her in my old room. She was lying on her stomach her elbows placed on the pillow her hands cupping her face. Mom was showing her my childhood pictures which she was looking very fondly. I walked in and rested my head on the pillow beside her. Mom left us alone after she got a call from her client.