Chapter 10: Of Cheeseburgers and Friends

Hello This is Your author speaking. i just wanted to inform you that anyone who is reading this book had better have taste a hamburger before and i don't mean a cow patty from MacDonalds a real home-cooked BBQ style hamburger. If not pause this reading go have someone make you one then come back and finish. But in all seriousness thank you all for your support. I'm now within the top one thousand books of the action category. i'm in place 737 so yeah i'm very excited about that. If you read my story please don't forget to comment and vote. To support my stories. Once again I would like to thank all readers and I look forward to continuing my stories. By the way if you haven't already check out my World Aflame Series as well. Thank you for your time and enjoy this chapter. There's more to come. so Peace!

                                                                                 Chapter 10

        When Seth opened the door to his house he saw his mom on the couch in the living room reading some kind of papers. When she saw him her expression brightened.

    "Seth honey how was practice this morning?" she asked. Then she saw who was behind Seth and they saw his Mom.

    "Attention! Chief Commander Salute!" Seth looked behind him to find his team standing at attention saluting his mother with their right fists slamming against their left breasts with a unified smack.

    "Oh at ease," Katie said with a almost bored expression.

    " Seth are these guys part of your squad?" His mother asked. Seth nodded.

    "I brought them here because they have committed a grave crime," Seth said giving his mom a slight wink.

     "Oh and what crime is that?"

    "The crime of never having had a delicious hamburger," Seth replied with a playful tone.

    "What time is your next class?" she asked.

    Michelle stepped forward, "our next class is in forty five minutes ma'am."

    "Then we can give them due punishment for their crime," his mother said.

    "Seth would you go turn on the grill and set out plates?" Twenty minutes later each one of Seth's squad members had been given a hamburger with ketchup and cheese. They were seated at the dining table ready to start eating. They prayed over their food and then Seth watched as they all took their first bite. Michelle yelped and dropped her hamburger.

     "What is this taste!?" she said exasperated. "This is way to good to be food of the mortal world." Aria nodded in agreement as she chewed her first bite seemingly in bliss." Just then there was a knock on the door and his mom went to answer it. When she returned Matt and the kid Travice were with her. Before Matt could speak Seth put him in his seat and put his hamburger in his hand.

    "Eat now," he commanded Matt raised and eyebrow at him but with a quick look at his mom Matt bit into the hamburger. Seth watched as Matt's eyes began widen further and further until they couldn't widen no more. Matt finished chewing and then took another bite and another until the hamburger had been devoured. Afterwards Matt tried to catch his breath.

    "That was... That was," Matt began.

     "Absolutely Amazing," Michelle finished polishing the hamburger grease off her plate with part of her bun.

   "So do you eat this hamburger a lot in the Normal World," Travice asked. Seth turned to him. Travice was about five foot two and from what Seth could tell he was fast and quick with his sword. He hand straight black hair that had a golden feather braided in to two braids that ran down each side of his head, kind of like a native american style. his eyes were a forest green and they shone with amazement at the food that he was consuming.