Chapter: 8 Tour and Family

Chapter 8

        Seth reached what he guessed was the infirmary just as Mike was being released. The infirmary was a moderate sized circular building with hallway coming off the cardinal points leading to four tall towers that glowed with the same light as the city. The roof was domed and battlements ringed the circular portion of the building giving it the look of and English king's crown. The entrances were located at each of the towers but the main entrance was at the west facing tower.

       When Seth arrived he found Mike chatting happily with the nurses that were escorting him. The nurses like most of the people Seth had seen so far were about his age and they wore white nurses gowns that had a patch on the right shoulder it was a white cross that had multiple light rays coming off of it and it was surrounded by a white aura. As Seth approached Mike turned to him and smiled.

      Well if it isn't Seth the man who put me in here." Mike announced as Seth walked up.

     "My mother sent me, she uh told me you would show me around and to where I will be living." Seth told him.

     "So Katie told me," he replied. "Well then we should probably get going there's a lot to see and little time to see it if you hope to get any rest before tomorrow." "What's happening tomorrow?" Seth asked. Mike studied Seth with a look that was somewhere between pity and amusement.

      "Well for starters you'll start your training here." "Now no more talk it's time to get going."

      Mike turned to go and Seth followed him. Mike's injuries didn't seem to bother him at all as they walked into the outer edges of the city. As they entered Mike pointed to a good sized circular building that looked suspiciously like an old Roman Colosseum. It was massive, giant white marble pillars and arches it was a most beautiful sight and it towered over most of the city with the exception of the keep. "That is the training arena. It's where we train the new recruits like yourself. It's also where we host events such as The Gem Games."

     "And what are the gem games?" Seth asked.

    "Oh it's basically a collection of activities in which players participate in physical challenges."        "So kind of like the Olympic games?"

     "Right."

     "Tomorrow you will report to that Colosseum to start your training."

    "When?" Seth inquired.

     "At approximately 6:00 am. Oh and I wouldn't be late if I was you."

    "Okay so my mother told me that you would be showing me where I will be living from now on." Mike chuckled.

    "Right, you probably want to get some sleep before tomorrow."

     "That would be nice. It's... It's been a rather long day."

    "Well not for you it hasn't because you spent most of it sleeping and it's actually been two days you just don't remember most of the today because you were unconscious and all."

    "Oh well that's good to know." Seth couldn't tell if Mike was being sarcastic or serious but he decided it didn't matter.

    "I still would like to just rest because honestly this is still a lot to take in and I haven't had time to process it all." Mike nodded thoughtfully.

    "I understand," He said at last. "Well in that case I'll show you to your new home. But tomorrow you're going to get the full tour." Seth smiled he was beginning to like Mike.