Chapter 5 : The Street Brawl Game

Chapter 5

     "Wake up nonbeliever!" said a voice filled with venomous anger. Seth sat bolt upright and a feeling of eminent danger nearly made him make a break for the door, but he was pushed back down onto the bed. "Whoa boy you need to chill." Seth looked up to see who it was that had spoken. It wasn't Strat that much he knew but then who. The person in front of Seth was probably six feet tall with the build of an extreme athlete strong and quick. He had brown shaggy hair and intense blue eyes, and it was his eyes that had Seth scared.

     The guy's eyes were electric blue and when they scanned Seth he had a feeling like he was being put through an x-ray scanner.

     "Who are you," Seth asked taking a polite but guarded tone.

      "Someone who doesn't care for people who can't accept reality for what it is. Personally I think Katie would be very disappointed in you." Seth bristled at this,

      "Who gave you the right to speak my mother's name." At this lightning flickered around the guy's hand and he stared at Seth until he Seth backed down.

       "How about your mother whom I've known since before you were even born."

      "What!?" "You're kidding right; you don't look that much older than me." The guy said nothing but instead grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet.

      "Put this on and then come out," he said shortly. Then he turned around and went right out. Seth looked down at what he had been handed. He had been handed some sort of armor breastplate made out of some weird kind of white metal. It was a simple breastplate: two plates, one to cover his chest and abdomen and one and then one to cover his back. They were connected by leather ties at the shoulder and then had ties under the armpit and side on both sides. Even Seth wasn't stupid enough to not be able to put on the armor; he'd seen enough movies to know how it went. Seth still wasn't convinced that all of this was real but he had promised to play nice until they'd brought proof in the form of his mother.

     Seth finished putting the armor on, which was much more difficult than he'd originally thought it would've been. He must've looked like he was trying to do the funky chicken dance and was having trouble finding his head. Anyways Seth finally got his armor on and went out the door where the guy was waiting for him. He looked him up and down then nodded for him to follow. A glint of light caught Seth's attention and he noticed a sheathed sword, belt and all in the guy's right hand. Wait it hadn't been there before. Seth went to go ask him about it but he turned around first and handed Seth the sword in his hands.

      "You'll need this," He said shortly then he led Seth through another set of corridors to a massive set of double doors even bigger than the ones that led to the throne room. About five feet from the doors they stopped. Outside Seth could hear the muted sounds of swords clashing and people yelling.

      "Whoa!" "Sounds like a war is going on out there," Seth said in a joking tone. But his lovely grim chaperone turned to him and said in a deadly serious tone,

       "Exactly." Then he gave Seth a smile that said he was going to enjoy what came next.

        "The second you go outside those doors you will be immersed in a battle for survival. Trust me it's like nothing you've ever seen or experienced before."

       "Well just being here is like nothing I've ever seen or experienced before." Seth replied smartly.

       "Well good luck, I assume Master Strat already told you the rules and how to fight?" Seth nodded. "Good then let's g..."