Friday Morning

Friday  9:45 AM

Well, he's late yet again. I thought to myself.

I am getting sleepy laying across this royal red couch immaculately trimmed in gold foil cravings. I know my taste can be extravagant at times but this was a bit much. I do another survey of the classically dated 15th-century living room. This is what happens when I book an apartment suite in a foreign country all by myself, but I couldn't have Tracy, my publicist in on this. Ever! While she is the best money can buy, but from first-hand experience, she can be a gossip queen which means a pain in the ass. Usually, my taste was less..royal and more modern but we had never been to the Ritz Paris together so I wanted to surprise him. Even though he is now....yup 20 minutes late. I attempt again to read over the script of the first movie I have EVER been offered. It was a small role but hey any role sounds like a great role when your use to being on stage with 500+ crowds. Honestly, a camera feels more frightening than screaming girls and guys. Hearing a buzz I looked over to see my phone. I picked it up to see a text from Charles.

'Boo...where are you at? Your mama is asking about the flowers....AGAIN BOO!'

I chuckled at the depression in his message. This wedding was driving us both batshit crazy. We were planning a destination wedding with high security and over 300 expected guests. Many of them family but celebrity friends were sprinkled in there. Jay and B had already RSVP'd to the event and I was still waiting to hear back from William and Kate.

Damn, this would be a good time to visit them. I think to myself. Oh Well.

I go back to the phone to text Charles.

'Hun, just send her the link I sent you to the flower arrangement company. They can handle all her questions. Remember I am out the country for a promotional meeting in Europe. I won't be back until Monday. I told you that.' 

It doesn't surprise me that he never listens when I give my weekly schedule, even if I give it to him on a daily basis. Charles's routine is simple; get up, make love to me, work out, training practice with the team, eat lunch, game reels for Sunday, come home, eat dinner, make love to me and go to sleep. He lives on repeat. I love how dependable, charming, and scandal-free my man is, like a tall chocolate prince charming straight from the fairy tales. The moment I met Charles Carter, linebacker for the San Diego Charger's I knew he was going to be mine. I just couldn't take my eyes off him at the charity auction we had both attended and I realized that I had his complete attention the entire night once his coach called him to get the limo for the eighth time. The very next morning he texted me to ask two things: I favorite secluded point in LA and my favorite coffee. Little did I know that he was driving from San Diego to bring me that same coffee and take me to my favorite overlook. Tracy damn near died when I told her I was with him. I couldn't get him off my mind. We just chemistry, the kind that only happens in high school but lasts a lifetime, that kind. We stayed there until 8 at night, the whole day just talking and sipping drinks and eating little sandwiches he had picked up. It was perfect. I didn't feel like Helz with another celebrity dreamboat, I felt like Helena. Fast forward 2 years later and now I am going to say I do to one of the hottest athletes on the market. The phone buzzed again.

'You know, I could just come out there and chill this weekend.' He wrote. I freeze just a bit but regain control a second later to respond.

'Nope. One, you French drivers and two, you have a playoff game. Stop complaining and start focusing. You're not allowed to be at the altar in crutches.' A moment later.

'You right you right! I promise baby girl. Seriously tho, hurry back I'm bored outta my mind with this wedding stuff.'

'You're doing great. Hey Luv, I'll text you later once this meeting is finished.' I wait.