Chapter 4: I Need Help. What is Happening to.... Me?

Hunter:

"Hunter. Speak to me please. I can't lose you again. Please." I hear Ashlynn say. I try and point to something that was on a desk nearby. "Over... there is a medical kit. There should be something in there to stop the bleeding."

Ashlynn grabs my arm and puts it over her shoulder. She tells me to get up and try my best to walk over to the bed. Then, she grabs the medical kit and starts shoving things around. Eventually, she finds something. Ashlynn takes a puff ball (good/bad day to where shorts,) and puts it over a alcohol bottle. She takes the puff ball and taps it over the wound. After that, she takes a huge bandage and wraps it around the cut. To touch it up she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, Ashlynn. What was that about. How were you able to knock out Dustin?" I ask. "I don't know. I never did anything like that before. I me- I feel different. Hunter, what is happening to me. Help me, please. " Ashlynn falls to the floor. I start to panic. I try to help her but, she starts twitching and Dustin wakes up.

"What did you do to... to..." I look down. Ashlynn has changed. But changed into a... wolf. "Well, when I shot Ashlynn with a dart, it also contained a liquid that was drained into her body. You know what, its a long story. Let's just say that I wanted to make her one of us. A wolf." Dustin says smart like.

I couldn't believe it. Ashlynn was a wolf. Not brown like a Huntsman. Not gray like a Hoffman. But, she was... black. When Ashlynn turns into a wolf she runs over to me and I grab her into my arms, just to keep her safe.

Then I noticed that the black wolf was legendary. The last time a human-shifting wolf ever heard about the black wolf, was way back in 1904. Ashlynn was the Legendary Black Wolf. Or Moonstone Black for short. The black wolf was known for its legends about bring moonstone's luck to the brown wolves. I just tell you the story later.

Ashlynn:

I did all I could to save Hunter. I couldn't lose him again. I saved his life though and there's one thing that I just don't get: How come when ever I'm am or not around Hunter, someone's always trying to kill him? Is it me? Am I the one who's causing all this injuries to Hunter because of something I did? I only need an answer. Is that too much to ask for?

I gave Hunter a kiss. On the cheek though. This time I wanted to kiss him for real. And feel good about it, too. But, that didn't happen. I didn't have the courage to or feel free to or even feel brave to. At least he felt good about it. I mean, we really like each other and none of us has the ability to do what we always have been waiting for. For a long time.

After I give Hunter a kiss, I immediately collapsed. I heard Hunter yelling my name and shaking me to wake me up. But then, I hear someone else start to talk. Dustin. I hear him talk about what he did to me and how. Hunter stands up, getting ready to kill Dustin, when he looks down and realizes that I've changed. He kneels down to catch me once I run to him. I realize that I have turned into a legendary black wolf. I was wondering what Dustin was trying to do to me. There was the answer, but I still didn't understand.

I try to communicate with Hunter. He hears me like I hear him. "Hunter, I'm a wolf now. But Dustin is trying to kill you because of something I did. I don't know what I did though."

He looked down at me in a sad face. Soon turning into a rage one. "Ugh! When I get my hands on Dustin he's gonna pay!" Hunter responds angrily.

I turned back into a human, but Hunter... was angry. He shifts into a wolf, and so does Dustin. "They're gonna fight, and its not gonna end well..." I thought.

I look at them, scared and afraid making my eyes turn black. Once they start to growl, I know that's not a good sign. Dustin runs toward Hunter and scratches him on the cheek. I cover my eyes with my hands and start crying. I couldn't watch this fight. I just couldn't. I looked around to find somewhere to hide just to get outside, when I see an opening across from me. I sneak over and run outside. I find a tree and sit under it... wondering, "I need help. Hunter needs it too. Oh god, if you could just give me a sign telling me that everything's gonna be okay. That Hunter will be safe and so will I. I only need an answer to all these questions. Just one that I will understand easily. Please help."

I start to wail and cry into my hands. My eyes turn blue. I hear a sound. I look up and see Hunter still in his wolf form. I sit with my legs crisscrossed apple sause and grab Hunter. I put him in my lap and start petting his head, still crying sadly and confused. I put Hunter down and he shifts back to a human. He sits and brings me close to him. We start snuggling and I lay my head on his lap.

"Hunter?" I ask. He looks at me giving attention. "I don't understand. Its like the world hates wolves." "Yeah, but know we can spend much more time together. Come on, Ash... it'll be fun!" I turn on my side, not looking at Hunter. I was really mad. "Hunter, how could you be happy at a time like this, when my mom could go nut-so and make us never see each other ever again?" He looked down, starting to feel bad. Then, I sit up and he kisses me on my forehead. I giggle a little, once we stare. We lean in and... then it happens we kiss! For real this time! Wow, I was so happy that my eyes turned dark dark dark dark dark dark pink!