Late Night Surprise

Previously...

Standing in the bathroom, Marionette was letting her Mom finish re-wrapping her wound. Sighing she thanked her as she left. But as she was going to sit down, she heard something that made her pause.

TAP TAP... TAP TAP

Now, on with the story.

Wincing at the sudden movement, Marionette walks towards the trapdoor of her room, towards where the tapping was coming from. Looking worried at it she simply tried to ignore the pain screaming at her due to climbing the ladder. Sitting there, staring at it for a moment it came again.

Tap Tap...

Unlocking the ceiling door, the injured girl peered out with a confused look upon her face, only to see two familiar green eyes smiling back at her.

"Um, hey princess. May I come in?" Chat asked in his playful tone. He was laying on his stomach next to the trap door with a smile on his face as his blond locks fell messily along his head.

"Chat Noir? Why are you on my roof at..." she looked at the clock on her wall "11 p.m.!" She says with a puffed out cheek. She wasn't going to be going to sleep anytime soon, but she had been looking forward to curling up under her warm blankets.

"Well, I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, who heard from one of your classmates that you got hurt during the last akuma attack. So, I thought it be rude of me not to come check in on my purrrrrrrrincess" he teases with a smirk, using one of the older puns. Old, but a classic for a reason.

Sighing, Marionette rolled her eyes and smiled at him. "Alright, you can come in. But not for long!" She said, opening the hatch enough that he could open it and climb in.

She began making her way back to the ladder before suddenly her feet left the ground and she was hovering. She wasn't actually hovering, Chat had simply picked her up princess style so she wouldn't be in any more pain.

"Uh-uh-uh princess, as long as I'm here, I'm not going to let you hurt yourself. If your injuries are as bad as I heard, or as bad as Ladybugs, climbing that ladder alone probably hurt..." He said, his happy persona turning sad after the mention of Ladybug.

"O-oh, well... Thank you Chat" Marionette said, scratching under his chin the way she usually did when she was Ladybug.

His head went spinning after he recuperated from the blissful scratching. They were so similar... TOO similar. Clear down to the way they styled their hair was the same. And those eyes, those magnificent bluebell eyes... He lost himself in them long enough that Marionette had to wave her hand in front of his green orbs staring at her. Shaking his head to bring him back to reality, he smiled his suave smile and laughed.

"Sorry, M'lady. You remind me of a certain bug I know" he said with a short, teasing laugh.

Her eyes grew wide and an awkward 'Oh shit...' look came to her face and he smirked.

Bingo. It's totally her! Adrien thought, hiding his excitement, but barely, as he gently hopped off the platform and back onto to the regular ground, thudding against the floor.

"Marionette? Is everything okay?" her mother's voice rang from downstairs after hearing the thud.

"Y-yeah Mama! Everything is fine! I just um, dropped my book!" She shouted back down, glaring at Chat who gave her that devilishly charming sheepish grin of his.