Friendship

The next morning, Marionette awoke to her alarm blaring, forcing her to jolt awake, immediately getting angry with her phone as she shut it off and threw it crossed the room into a small chair she had.

"Not even going today... No no alarm..." the sleepily injured girl grumbled at the machine, clearly pissed off. She was sore, tired, and all around grumpy that morning, especially irritated at the fact that she forgot to turn off her alarm. Even that slight movement hurt immensely, wincing as she laid back down and closed her eyes.

After a short while of her laying there, a gentle knock was heard upon her trap door followed by the soft sound of her mother's voice.

"Sweetie? I brought some soup. You need to eat something" she called, being the caring mother she always had been.

"Come in!" Marionette chimed, stifling her irritation so she wouldn't take it out on her mother.

Adrien had barely slept a wink. He had been up all night thinking, wondering, trying to answer all the questions that were appearing in his mind. Before he even realized it, his alarm on his phone was sounding and it was time to get up for school. Though he was excited for his second day, he was less excited about the fact that he was probably going to be falling asleep in every class. Giving in he climbed out of bed and silenced his alarm, rubbing the non-existent sleep from his eyes as he stood up and yawned.

With a bit of difficulty, his motor skills taking a nose dive due to this being only the second time he had ever pulled an all-nighter (rivaled only by the night after his mother disappeared). Yawning and finally pulling on the familiar white over-shirt, he sleepily walked out of his room to the dining room, sitting down and waiting sleepily for his breakfast. Resting his head upon his arms he slept for a few moments, his mind finally able to focus on things other than Ladybug, until his father's assistant Natalie gently shook him awake.

"Adrien? Are you alright?" The woman questioned, a concerned look falling upon her features as she looked at the tired boy.

"Y-yes. I'm fine Natalie. Sorry about that. I didn't get that great of a nights rest" Adrien stated with a slight chuckle and a scratch on the back of his neck, setting the woman's mind more at ease.

As soon as he finished his words a man walked out holding a plate of food and laying it in front of the boy. Decorating the plate were very simple breakfast foods such as toast, some eggs, and a couple pancakes to start the boys day off.

"Hmm Alright. Well be sure to get a better nights rest tonight then" she said before motioning for him to eat his food.

After finishing off the plate, Adrien stood and stretched, feeling slightly more energized than before but not by much. Quickly, the assistant began ushering the sleep-deprived boy to his limousine and into the back so he could be driven safely to school. Yawning in the back he finally realized, he would get to see the girl he had crashed into the day before.

Smiling gently to himself, he then realized what he was doing and mentally slapped himself. He was in love with Ladybug, not Marionette. Groaning he wished his kwami had been awake that morning, but apparently, he hadn't slept too well either as the small black cat was asleep within the model's backpack. Sighing, the boy simply stared out the window as they drove to the school.

Once arriving he said goodbye once again to his driver before walking towards the school, forcing a smile upon his face as he greeted his classmates and made his way to his classroom, sitting in his seat and groaning as his head hit his arms once again.