Chapter 15

Minutes of arguing passed. "I swear to God, if another one of you opens your fucking mouth, I will cut you!" Blue snarled at everyone, fed up with their complaints.

"You wanna go? I'll cut your balls off, fucker! Come at me!" Jessica screamed at him. Jewel and Colin separated the two. Jessica stopped resisting and was soon calm.

Jewel sighed, "Just radio in to Lila."

"Don't you think we've tried that, genius?" Wolf commented sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "We can't establish a connection, batteries are dying, also, we have no clue where we are."

"Well exactly what are we going to do then?" she snapped at him, waving her arms around. He shrugged, triggering something in Jewel. She lunged at him, but Liam restrained her.

Perhaps it was blood loss or the stress of the situation, but Rose began to laugh hysterically. "Y'all need to stop trippin', for starters. We ain't gettin' no where if y'all ready to kill each other."

"Why are you talking like that?" asked a concerned Spaf. The blue haired girl took a cautious step towards her friend.

"Talkin' like what?"

"That. It's unsettling," remarked Jess who was sipping her water and staring at Rose suspiciously.

They didn't get an answer. Rose started ripping up the grass beneath her. It felt cool and dewy because it was the middle of the night. It amused her.

"Rose is a lunatic. That's nice. She's useless. What now?" Chase grumbled, trying to stand up. Jewel sat him back down and shook her head disapprovingly.

"I think she's just stressed. And we should build a fire," suggested Jewel, grabbing kindling.

"Sounds like a plan," they agreed.

Jessica woke Skylar up to go hunting since Rose was injured. They didn't catch much, but it was enough to feed their gang for the night. They all ate in silence.

The quiet became too much for Wolf. "Someone, say something! It's so boring!"

"What the hell should we say?" Jess snapped, her mouth still full.

"I don't know. Just talk about something."

"Thanks for doing all that shit just to rescue me. I didn't know I meant that much," Sky said with a sigh.

"You're my fucking sister. Of course I would." Jewel draped her arms around Sky in a hug.

"You're our friend," said Chase, Colin, and Blue.

"And you mean a lot to all of us," added Rose, finally wearing off the shock and stress. Spaf and Jess nodded in agreement. Liam shied away from them all awkwardly.

"Plus, even if you didn't mean so much to us, Lila would've made us go anyway," Wolf stated casually while eating his share if meat. His words rewarded him with a groan from his peers.

"Way to kill the mood, Wolf," Spaf deadpanned, shooting him a look of disdain. He grinned.

"I'm going to go have a smoke. Call if I'm needed," Liam interrupted, heading off into the woods.

Jess seemed startled by Liam's sudden appearance. "Am I the only one who forgot he was here?"

»»-------------¤-------------««

Liam took off at a slow pace, keeping the light of the campfire in his peripheral vision. Colin followed and caught up to Liam just as his lighter flame caught onto the cigarette.

"Hey. May I have one? I just offended the girls."

"What'd you do?" Liam handed him a cigarette and his lighter as he waited for an explanation.

"Spaf was being a bit bitchy, so I said somethin' bout her period blah blah blah. Doesn't matter."

"Colin! You just started something, I hope you know that!" Blue growled, appearing out of nowhere, twigs in his dark hair. There was a hint of playfulness and amusement in his tone. "They're all talking about girl stuff."

"I'm not listening to that bullshit, that's for sure," said Wolf, also emerging from the shadows. Chase soon followed, hobbling.

"How'd you escape Jewel?" Blue snickered mockingly at Chase. He shrugged.

"I swear to God, there's so many bugs here!" Chase muttered as he swatted some insects that were invading his space.

"I wonder if there are any mutant bugs." Liam pondered for a moment until his thoughts were interrupted by Colin.

Colin shrugged. "Probably. They'll probably suck your blood right out or bite your head clean off."

"Not funny," mumbled Wolf, looking around nervously. Blue rolled his eyes.

"Mutants are everywhere. Of course there are mutated bugs. How big are they is the real question," Blue stated matter-of-factly. Wolf trembled. "I wonder if they'll have the same effects Celestia had."

"Who's Celestia?" asked a confused Liam.

"Rose's puppy who got mutated. She looks like a wolf now," said Chase. "Rose is still kinda stupid for keeping her around."

"Well anyway, let's go have fun, guys," Colin dragged them away, clearly bored with their current conversation.

"Wait, where are we going?" Liam inquired, concerned. He didn't trust Colin's judgement.

"There's a cave over there. We can go explore it," he answered, not looking back at Liam. Colin shoved them all into the cave.

Chase took one look at the depth and darkness before saying, "I'm out. If y'all wanna die, that's fine. See you in hell." He climbed out slowly and painfully then headed back to camp.

"Wimp," Wolf mocked him jokingly. Blue rolled his eyes.

"How would you like to explore a dark ass cave with a wounded leg? Cause if you keep up this attitude it won't be long until you have one," Blue sneered, defending his friend. Wolf recoiled and remained silent.

Liam was still skeptical. "Why are we doing this? We literally just escaped my tyrant father. We should rest."

"Rest is for pussies. Let's go!"

The four entered through the mouth of the cave cautiously. They were alert and ready for anything. Suppressed squeaks could be heard if you listened closely. Colin chose to ignore them.

"Should we head back? I think they might start to get worried about us," Liam spoke out suddenly.

"Guys. Stand still," Blue hissed in a whisper. "Remember what I said about mutant bugs? Look up." There were millions of puppy sized spiders staring at them.